The things you learn...

I just got back into crochet again the last couple months. I see so much stuff on the market and hear things that I think "I won't do/need that." Oh how wrong I was. :eek

First off seeing how many people have multiple projects going on. I'm thinking "I'll do one at a time." I currently have 2 projects going on and thinking of more. :yarn:yarn

Secondly, the basic aluminum hook is fine. I now have 3 Clover soft touch hooks and won't touch an aluminum one. :crocheting

Third, "I can keep track of my rows without a counter." Then I start a pattern that has me repeating the same row 25 times. Off to Joann's for a counter... :blush

:rofl

:turtle:vheart

Isn't it great that in our craft there is always something new to learn, new patterns to try, new gadgets and hooks. We aren't limited in any way. We are never bored or boring unless we are working on a huge single crochet afghan......:hug

I thought that about stitch markers. I tend to use regular old safety pins to hold my place when I set stuff down (that way the yarn doesn't pull back through) so I figured I'd never need them. I got a set of the plastic Boye ones in an exchange. They were great on the most recent FBB bag I did. I used one color to mark the pattern change, another to mark row numbers. I think I had it every 5 or 10 rows. Made it easier to count how many rows I'd had done :lol

Welcome to our world! *devilish laugh!!*

:hookColleen

Thanks. I think I'll stay! :hug

I made my own stitch markers (earrings and beads) just to make them, but boy I'm glad I did. I use them all the time.

I am the same way. I say I don't need this or that but then I get one & find out how much easier it is when I have it.:yes

I love all the new gadgets that people come up with that make the world of crochet better. My next "I must have" is a EdgeryDoo. I actually saw some blankets that were made with it, and now it's the next thing on my list to purchase.

:manyheart

I used to say the same thing. Especially about stitchmarkers.Then I started to make different types of patterns and found that they are most useful and would not want to live without them.

Then stay off e-bay....:lol

Danger, Danger Will Robinson, E-Bay heightens our Pattern aquisition syndrome AND allows us to DROOL over yarn and other prettties...don't do it, you will never be the same....and the mail man will soon hate you :rofl

Then stay off e-bay....:lol

Too late. I've been e-baying it for years. Convinced my dh that I needed a $500 machine to cut/grind/polish my rocks...I'm still trying to remember how I did that. :think:rofl

Lost in Space...yeah, I remember...thanks for reminding me how old I'm getting. :rofl

Archived