Wine bottle topper

jaclim

That is very pretty! Hee, when I read the title, I kind of pictured something like some people make to put on hot sauce bottles. So I pictured a little crocheted wino covering the bottle. What you actually made is so much nicer. But I can't quit giggling picturing the little wino.

So I am thinking, they are stunningly beautiful, and why would you decorate a bottle of wine? Then it struck me...if people were drinking coolers you wouldn't necessarily be able to tell whose was whose...this would be a great way. Or is that what they are for anyway?

Like always, your work is outstanding Jackie.:clap

So very pretty. I think I really like the idea. May have to play with my thead and beads and see what I can come up with.:cheer

Mary

Please post a picture of your version, Mary!!!! I know you can make one even better! :manyheart

So I am thinking, they are stunningly beautiful, and why would you decorate a bottle of wine? Then it struck me...if people were drinking coolers you wouldn't necessarily be able to tell whose was whose...this would be a great way. Or is that what they are for anyway?

Like always, your work is outstanding Jackie.:clap

Hmmm......frankly, Andrea I'm thinking of it more as a decoration for gift-giving :D so your gift will be more personalized but I like your idea! You have to crochet some in different colors so you can tell whose is whose........:lol

What a great idea! I can't believe I was so dense!!! Yes they are beautiful decorations! And something special to keep long after the wine is gone. I was thinking along the lines of wine charms I guess....which incidentally, I only recently figured out what they were too. LOL

:lol Andrea!!!! I sent you a PM. Btw, I saw a crocheted wristlet bag when I went shopping last week. I was drawn to it when I saw it as I knew immediately it was crocheted plus the fact that it had sequins crocheted into it. :hook It was done in dc's and in the round. The sequins used were flat ones with holes that were not in the center. It was lined with satin and was so elegant! And in size 20 thread as it was so dainty-looking! I want to try some using size 10 and have to look for sequins with holes large enough to pass thru my cotton thread. :D

Pretty! I was in the airport a couple of weeks ago and saw something similar for sale in a shop, but it wasn't crocheted, it was beaded chain. I already had wine bottles on the brain at that time, so I've been working on my own design as well. :)

Archived