Charlie & The Chocolate Factory!

My twin stepdaughters showed me a book earlier on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and pointed to one of the characters, one of the boys in the movie goes to their school! They live in a small town outside of Yakima, Washington called Selah, Washington. :2spin

We saw it last night, and I spotted lots of knit and crocheted items! At least one of the grandmothers was crocheting in several scenes, and it looked like she was wearing a shawl in a granny square kind of motif. Then I saw a few knitted blankets behind them on the bed, as well as the crocheted hat Lisa mentioned.

Also, one of the previews was for a Wallace & Gromit movie, and Gromit was knitting. :)

Oh, and Charlie and the Chocolate factory was just magical. I highly recommend it!

Also, one of the previews was for a Wallace & Gromit movie, and Gromit was knitting.

Ooh, I can't wait for the Wallace and Gromit movie! Recently I found a boxed set of three videocassettes with the three half-hour Wallace & Gromit shows (I don't know if there were ever more than that? But those were the only three I'd ever seen)--at the 99¢ store. I couldn't believe my luck getting all three of those tapes for a dollar. And yep, Gromit was knitting in at least one of those, too...

Wallace and Gromit are animated characters, done by the guy who did the Chicken Run movie. http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/films.asp I think they were done for the BBC? I saw them on PBS maybe five or ten years ago, not sure exactly.

The boxed set I have has A Grand Day Out, The Wrong Trousers, and A Close Shave. There's another one listed on that page above that I haven't seen!!!

Oh, no, wait, there isn't another film listed there. D'oh! I just misread something. So I guess I have all three of them? I don't know, I haven't finished my coffee yet and I'm confused :think

Charlie's grandmother Georgina is crocheting in several scenes!

When I was watching the movie today with my daughter, I was drawn to the knitted blankets resting on the headboard because of the interesting geometric design and color combos. All of the knitted and crocheted items had dark and subdued colors. (I think to clash against the brightness of the factory's insides).

It would have been fun to be the ones commissioned to make the items for this movie! :tup

Loved the movie BTW....

• 3 weeks later...

:)I just got home from seeing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. And I thought the afgans on the bed looked crochet adn not knitted. But I loved the fact that the grandma was crochet and not knitting. It always seams like the protra people knitting more than crocheting in movies on on TV. But my question is why did it have to the grandma that wasn't all there? OH well I did like to movie but I think the first one was better.:)

Archived