Earthquake survivor crochets!

Well I must say, I like this ladies attitude. I wonder what she made while she was waiting to be rescued? Any ideas how we would go about sending her our best wishes fron the crocheters of the world?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/apr/08/italy-earthquake-survivor-crochet

That's great! :hook It would help calm her nerves, that's for sure; being in an earthquake. Maybe send her some yarn, since all hers is probably lost in the earthquake? :think

Tina

OMG!!! I got the chills when I read the article, especially when I saw her age was 98??? Wow, what a lady!! I just hope I have the courage at that age, to face anything that could be my last day. God bless her.

And crocheting is a great comfort to me also When I tend to get overwhelmed (which has been even more so for the past almost two years since my younger brothers death and my moms' Alzheimers), I find it very therapuetic. It keeps me calm (for as calm as this Italian can be, LOL).

LI Roe

I thought this was a wonderful story she stayed alive and kept calm by crocheting the only thing she was worried about she did not get to comb her hair. I think of her admire her for being able to be calm through all she went through. At 98 that is a miracle for sure. Crocheting also me helps me everyday to be more relaxed. Goes to show you can't keep a determined crocheter down.

Archived