I get to teach Crochet!

This is the first year my son has been at his school and I found out (a little too late) that parents can volunteer to teach the elective classes. I donated my knitting needles to the knitting class and later found out that I could have been more involved! Thankfully the parents there are awesome and they came to me. The knitting teacher needs some extra help and since I can't knit AT ALL, she is letting me come in for one of the 4 classes and teach crochet to the kids who are interested! Next year I can teach my own crochet elective class and I have already started gathering project ideas!!!

I am so excited!

I have about 3 beginner projects planned out, so if anyone has done this kind of thing before, and has some good ideas....please share!

I am going in on 4/17, so I have a few weeks to get ready.

This is going to be fun!!

:D

• 2 months later...

I also get to teach. I will be teaching Crochet beginning August 1st at our local yarn shop. My friend has opened a small yarn shop here in our little town and I have been teaching loom classes. We decided to include Crochet classes starting August 1st:cheer In a little bit of a quandry as to how to start though, I was thinking Granny Squares.

granny squares are always a good place to start..that is what i learned on..its hard to believe i have been crocheting for 38 years. i wish i had kept a list of everything i have made and given away. the only things i keep are the little amigurumis that i make. it is wonderful to see our craft being shared and kept alive and growing. thanks ladies for sharing your time and knowledge.

Congratulations! I would suggest maybe a dishcloth or scarf, and the granny square is a good idea as well. There's lots of easy dishcloths to do and it would give them a sense of accomplishment to finish an item.:crocheting

Archived