Peaches & Creme - new pattern!

I have a question about P&C - I use it for many "non" washable crocheted items - and for dishcloths but when you hear of scarves and then on their website you see sweaters and hats made - I must be missing something because it stretches so much out of shape and fades so badly in the wash...

how on earth do you use it for wearables - am I not using the right stuff or missing something somewhere???

Thanks for any advice here!

I once tried knitting a scarf in WW cotton and it was so heavy at 24 inches that I bound off and called it a table runner instead. if I had kept going to the 6 foot length I had planned it might have felt like a ton on my neck.

However it is a wonderful table runner?

all this to say that I wonder the same thing about wearables in cotton... :think

I think the ww cotton would be kind of heavy for wearables as well. There's just no give or stretch to it. It makes great dishcloths, rugs, potholders, etc. I'm even going to try making a doll's dress from it (the doll won't care how heavy it is ;)). I am, however, intrigued by their color way called Northwoods. Must~get~some. :hook What color did you get Debbie?

I think the ww cotton would be kind of heavy for wearables as well. There's just no give or stretch to it. It makes great dishcloths, rugs, potholders, etc. I'm even going to try making a doll's dress from it (the doll won't care how heavy it is ;)). I am, however, intrigued by their color way called Northwoods. Must~get~some. :hook What color did you get Debbie?

I ordered the Northwoods color and the Woodland Frost color.

Even if it turns out the yarn is too heavy for a scarf, you've gotten a new pattern to try out with a more appropriate yarn. And you've got yarn to make dishcloths, potholders, etc., etc.

Might be worth trying, just to see.

I have made a scarf with ww cotton and it is heavier than other scarfs. I think if I hadn't made it so wide, it would have been better- it was one of my first return to crochet projects.

Using Peaches and Cream is no different than using ww yarn. I make totes, placemats, scarfs, dolls and yes even sweaters.

I wash only in Cold water and rinse in it also. I use no hot water. I put it in the dryer till it is almost dry.

You treat it like you treat 100% cotton t-shirts or sheets.

I find for up North, nothing is warmer, except for wool.:hook

Archived