leapman cool crochet

neenas3

melissa leapman's new book, cool crochet is great. these are the best of her patterns ive seen yet. definately recommend to everyone:manyheart

I saw the book on Amazon. I usually try to get them from my library first but if I like it then I buy it. I did get Rita Weiss's book, 24 hour crochet projects from ebay. I like it a lot!

Wendyb532

I haven't had a chance to browse this book in person, but I've seen several people post pictures of things they plan to make from this book, and I've decided there's enough that I want a copy! Plus, I'm currently living in a small town with an absolutely pathetic library. :P

I have that book and there are lots of really nice patterns - it's the first book I have that I want to make several things from. I just wish I had the yarn to do it with :sigh

The only thing I thought was a bit off is the bathing suit in there-it looks like the girl is wearing a diaper. Doesn't fit right. But since I have long since outgrew (ahem) two piece bathing suits, well... I guess I don't need that pattern! :lol

I just got this book today. There are 4 projects I want to make from it. This could be a problem. Oh yeah, and the yarn diet I am on will be an issue. I can't buy new yarn and none of my stash matches up to these. I guess they'll have to be FUTURE projects.

I just got the 24 hour crochet projects book too. I wish the sizes went higher but there are some cute projects in there that I'll be glad to make when i can buy more yarn.

I just bought this today. I actually found it at my JoAnn's and well, since I had a coupon for 40% off, it sort of just jumped into my cart:P . I love the patterns, they are really great. I do agree about the bikini though, it just did not look right at all, the bottom doesn't fit. But since I won't be making it, no problem for me. I am so happy with it, and for about $12 that makes it even better:hook

I got this book last week and it is just the best! I can't make anything from it just yet as I need to finish other projects and write dissertation but when I return to the states I think I'm going to start with the hoodie jacket! :hook

:frog

There is a nice little kit by the same author at Costco for about 14.00 or 15.00 dollars. It has the patterns on little cards, and contains 5 plastic hooks, a yarn needle and a few yards of worsted. It's a nice little set based on her Cozy Crochet book. There are a range of projects but I would say that it is more for beginners, or those who want simple projects. It would be a great gift. Costco sells out of novelty things quickly, so they may not always have them. There was a knitting kit too, but I didn't look at it.

Archived