Stuffed Animal Question

I almost have my first bear done and he is lopsided at his body so my question is What was your first stuffed animal project and how did it turn out?

Hmm, well my first stuffed animal was knitted but I'll post his pic anyways.

kitty.jpg

The pattern is from the book called Knit Toys by Nathalie Craig. He came out a little wonky, and my embroidering sucked, but I like him that way.

Don't worry if your first is lopsided!

Mine was too, basically because I used my marker wrong so all the stitch counts were off LOL But he is still my favorite no matter how lopsided he turned out!! At least now I know what I did wrong and I won't ever make that mistake again! :)

My first stuffed animal project was a little green frog for the ami swap last year. His body came out so lopsided it looked like he should have been a letter "C" instead. Needless to say, I didn't send that one, and now it is my 3-y/o daughter's favorite toy. LoL

well I'm glad to hear that not all of your first stuff animals came out not so great because here I was feeling terrible about the way it came out I plan on putting it up for showing tell her but having a hard time figuring out photobucket

Not to worry! Like everyone else has mentioned, your first is always the most endearing! By practicing, you'll get much better and before you know it you'll be a pro. I'm sure it came out very cute. Keep up the great work and don't give up! Don't be your worst critic!

My first stuffed animal/amigurumi was a turkey for last Thanksgiving, which is technically still not finished (I still need to sew on the tail), and while it looks all right, I realized after the fact that I stuffed him way too lightly. But if you don't squeeze him too hard, you can't really tell.

The first stuffed thing I made was a bear from a pattern (20 +/- yrs ago). The neck was floppy, the arms had too much stuffing and one leg was a little longer :blush. I don't know where he is now. I make stuffed animals/dolls all the time and am very good at it :yes (even designed a few). practice makes perfect!

Ellie 13

Well my youngest daughter saw the bear and took it even though it seems as though his head will fall off she still wanted the bear so now she wants buttons down him kids

So far I've made 5 amigurumis and for almost each one I've had to remove at least one of the parts after I've sewn them and do it again because they turned out crooked. And I discovered, that if possible, it's better for me to put the facial features on last, just in case, this has been working well because I've been using "googly" eyes glued on and not the "safety" eyes which must be put on first...

The only problem I've had was attaching the head so now he's lopsided all I was going to do was give it to a dog so I had no intention of putting the polyester pellets in there maybe if I had it would have been balanced better but oh well my daughter loves it anyway

Just glad my daughter loved it even though I thought the bear was poorly done she still had to have the bear for her own wouldn't have looked so bad but well I was trying to sew the head on I got the stitch wrong and cut it so I tried to sew the stitches back in place better but it just didn't seem to take my daughter wanted the bear so bad anyway I had told her before I would make her a bear so now she finally has her bear

My first was a little turtle... a pattern I found on crochetpatterncentral.com. I attached his shell wrong, and his feet were exactly even, but he turned out okay anyway. The panda bear I made next was more lopsided, but I gave him to a fellow crocheter, who is able to appreciate the work anyway. :-)

My first stuffed animal was a knitted green frog thirty some years ago. Don't have a photo of the finsihed project, but still have the pattern somewhere in my pattern collection. Don't know where it is at the moment, but came across it a couple of months ago. Can't remember if it was lopsided or not. However, it was a gift for my nephew and was told that he loved it.

Beverly

Archived