Safety eyes

Ok I looked where I could post this question but I was not sure so here goes does anybody know where to purchase safety eyes I am making an ami pig and I need safety eyes for it thanks for the help

I bought mine at Joann's. I went back 3 times (each time looking in the yarn/crafting section) before I finally found them in the section with the pipe cleaners, pom-poms, and felt sheets. :D

I get mine at Hobby Lobby. They're not in the yarn or fabric area though. They're over by the doll bodies and teddy bear clothing and whatnot. At least at my local store. They usually run about a dollar for six eyes. They have two sizes in black and one size (the smaller ones) in different colors. The colored ones also come in regular and cat's eye types.

A neat way that I saw to make eyes with even coverage if you don't have access to safety eyes is to embroider a kind of wagon wheel shape (up and down, across and two diagonals) and then weave the yarn around the wheel going over and under the "spokes." I used it on a little skull for Halloween and it was pretty easy and actually covered all of the yarn underneath it.

Archived