Best Yarn to use for Bath rug

I have one in my bathroom right now, 2 strands of WW yarn. It's perfect. When it washes up it gets softer. Mine's just a basic rectangle in sc. Not too thick, but thick enough. I can't open the door over it, so it's smaller then the bathroom floor but works fine. It does abosrb the water, but doesn't dry real fast, but not too long.

I think cotton would be a great yarn (but expensive for me). I think cotton would work great for the bath. Not sure about the drying time.

Freepatterns.com has a Easy Scrap-Yarn Rug that I've made before, I think with 3 strands of ww yarn. I used almost all verigated and it looked very woven. It got used to the point it was tossed out. Freepatterns.com has other rug patterns, just search for rug.

Debbi

I've made rugs from 6 strands of acryllic worsted weight. If I had scraps of thread and smaller weights, I used those in the mix. The 6 strands makes it extremely plushy. Acryllic makes it very washable. I used a SC.

I would use 2 strands of WW cotton yarn. I would do the surface crochet technique over the base mesh

http://www.geocities.com/mwillsondesigns/FullSurface/fullsurface.html

There is a great website that explains the technique but I can't remember what they called it. There was also a CAL here at one point. :sigh Old age is so very challenging. :rofl

Archived