Crunch Stitch

I knit and crochet also, and this looks like crochet. I've made a sweater in a stitch similar to this one, double crochet then single crochet in one direction, in the other direction single crochet over the double crochet and double crochet over the single crochet In fact about the only crochet I've ever done that really resembles a knit stitch is the tunisian knit stitch. It is almost impossible to tell from knitting unless you actually handle the fabric.

While a very pretty and textured stitch, this is actually a slightly denser/stiffer/less drapey stitch than straight hdc.

I love the hdc stitch...In fact I just made a dishcloth with it. It's probably my fav. crochet stitch.

Elise

I've not heard of the "crunch stitch" before now, but I do love a similar version of it that was called the "up-down stitch" which is a row of sc's and dc's. then sc in the dc's and dc n the sc's. it is NOT a very lacy stitch, but i keep planning to try to use it for a afghan at some point due to it seeming to be a bit dense/warmish.

Sandy

Archived