they are beginning to mimic crochet

my grand daughter came over today carrying the cutest purse i looked closer and realized it consists some very simplew flower granny squares i had to look closer to see it was not hand made i then said i can make that No Prob my other grand daughter then announced she would like one or 2 or 3 or well you get the idea kinda cool that they are now mimicing crochet nothing like the real thing tho so a new project for me will consist of a couple cute purses for the grand daughters but as i sit here and consider it i wonder what to make for my grand son hmmmmmmmmmmmmm that will take some thought if any of you have any ideas let me know please

Janny

The only things I've been able to make for my guys are hats and afghans. It's so cool that you are being asked to make things for their cool factor. Doesn't it feel great?

oh it sure does what is even cooler is that i now have the confidence in myself to say without a doubt i can make that a year ago i would have never said anything like that all the support here has been a big factor in my confidence

Janny

how old is your grandson? There's a cute picture in showandtell of a "racetrack" bag...its basically a round/flat, with a racetrack color the last few rounds, and then uses a drawstring to close.no pattern for that one.

also there's the crazie cars that are really cute! (free patterns here on the ville)

HTH

Check out the Mandana, here on the ville in original pattern links. Also those cute cars someone already mentioned, soooo adorable. Lots of car accessories, like cell phone cozies, driving gloves, lapghans for back seat passengers (or for emergencies like when car breaks down in winter).

Tons of toys and games, fishing, dominoes, tic-tac-toe, balls that won't break stuff when thrown around by winter house bound kids.

Big animal shaped rugs and pillows for TV watching.

Back packs, afghans with fav character crocheted in, appliqued or X stitched on.

my grand daughter came over today carrying the cutest purse i looked closer and realized it consists some very simplew flower granny squares i had to look closer to see it was not hand made i then said i can make that No Prob my other grand daughter then announced she would like one or 2 or 3 or well you get the idea kinda cool that they are now mimicing crochet nothing like the real thing tho so a new project for me will consist of a couple cute purses for the grand daughters but as i sit here and consider it i wonder what to make for my grand son hmmmmmmmmmmmmm that will take some thought if any of you have any ideas let me know please

Janny

What about a wallet ? I think there's a change purse pattern over at Lionbrand that I saw someone had made two of them, stitched them together to make a wallet. I think it was felted.. don't know if you're into that or not.

How old is your grandson? There are tons of things to make for young boys. There's an adorable snake scarf, there's also lots of toys. I bought a bunch of patterns on etsy too. You can look at CPC under toys there are some things there.

how old is your grandson? There's a cute picture in showandtell of a "racetrack" bag...its basically a round/flat, with a racetrack color the last few rounds, and then uses a drawstring to close.no pattern for that one.

also there's the crazie cars that are really cute! (free patterns here on the ville)

HTH

oh hes almost 5 that would be perfect thank you so much

thank you all for the great ideas its so much help i love the snake scarf idea too and i was thinking a beanie or 2 and maybe one of those hats with the flaps hes so cute too i should get some good pics of the kids for my blog thanks again all

Janny

On etsy.com they have some really neat things. I think there's an airplane, there is a car, there are juggling chickens and a CUTE bowling set! They aren't that expensive to buy either. Oh and there are the Vroomies! I LOVE THOSE!

Archived