Blankets of Gratitude

HollyzHobbyz

Hi Everyone! Anyone who's been here for a while knows how much I promote supporting our troops. It's a cause near & dear to my heart. I did a little web-surfing trying to find out more information about the Soldiers' Angels program. I found their "Blankets of Gratitude" program. This program gets lapghans to our Veterans. If you would like to check it, here is the link to Blankets of Gratitude.

When I clicked on the links from the Blankets of Gratitude page, I noticed that there were holiday delivery deadlines. I did email the coordinator listed, and she replied saying that they do work year round.

This is a soldier's Angels program!

I make lapghans for them. All you have to do is contact them when you have a lapghan or two (or 10) to donate and they will send you an address of a VA that has asked for them.

Last year they sent out over 20,000 blankets and lapghans! (I made 2 [LOL])

soldiersangels.org

Hey Jammerholly ~ would you be interested in heading up a CAL for this? I would definitely participate if you did! It would give me a chance to make something quick between projects or if I just need to do some "mindless" crochet. What do ya say? :think

Hey Jammerholly ~ would you be interested in heading up a CAL for this? I would definitely participate if you did! It would give me a chance to make something quick between projects or if I just need to do some "mindless" crochet. What do ya say? :think

You know what? I think I will, just as soon as I finish up with my Warm Up America rectangles. :yes So, keep your eyes open! :hook

count me in my dad was a very proud veteran of world war 11 he was very active in veteran's activities etc i will proudly do this as i know my dad is watching and smiling this is a good thing to do thank you for allowing us to help

Janny

Blankets for the wounded are called "blankets of hope". these blankets go to the hospital in Germany that many of our wounded soldiers go to. They should NOT be crocheted. These can be fleece tied, or quilts. The open weave fabric of crochet can interfere with medical equipment and get in the way.

Blankets of Gratitude, is specifically for VA's.

Many crocheted items are requested by VAs. Wheelchair/walker totes and trach bibs are among those things needed.

see soldiersangels.org for more information. Their forums have links to several acceptable patterns.

Archived