Yarn destashing confessional

Deb

Hi. Long time no talk. I know. I've been absent.

I have just finished my second month of a self-imposed YARN REDUCTION/DESTASH frenzy. I am frantically crocheting whatever,and whenever I can... using ONLY the yarn I have on hand. I will not buy any yarn until August. That is the plan. There was just entirely TOO MUCH yarn in my home.

Confessions:

When I found yarn at Tuesday Morning last weekend, I begged my Mom to buy 3 skeins each of LionBrand Cotton Ease BubbleGum, Popscicle Blue and Mint. Well.. if SHE buys it.. it doesn't count right? Besides, I needed more of this yarn to finish a project. umm.. yes.

I have taken three shopping bags of MY yarn to Grandma's.. to have her help me reduce. Is that cheating?

I had been destashing, but then we got a MAJOR moisture problem in the house and the really old, kinda gross cabinet I was keeping my yarn in had to be thrown out, so I stuffed the yarn into a rubbermaid, where it's been untouched for two weeks! I promised myself I wouldn't buy big storage containers to "hide" yarn, but it was a minor emergency, so I'm absolved, right?:blush

Archived