I Can't be the Only Alaskan!

I know that I've seen others on here from Alaska, someone just posted last week in this forum from Alaska. My husband has an interview on the 21st of this month in Anchorage. We are trying to move up your way. He and I absolutely love Alaska!:clap I have a cousin in King Salmon and also one in Anchorage. Keep your fingers crossed that he gets the job. We want to move so badly! We were actually looking to move to the Wasilla or Talkeetna area. Though is may have to be centered around where his job will be which is just outside of Anchorage. Hope to hear more from you soon! I love hearing anything about Alaska so keep it coming

I know that I've seen others on here from Alaska, someone just posted last week in this forum from Alaska. My husband has an interview on the 21st of this month in Anchorage. We are trying to move up your way. He and I absolutely love Alaska!:clap I have a cousin in King Salmon and also one in Anchorage. Keep your fingers crossed that he gets the job. We want to move so badly! We were actually looking to move to the Wasilla or Talkeetna area. Though is may have to be centered around where his job will be which is just outside of Anchorage. Hope to hear more from you soon! I love hearing anything about Alaska so keep it coming

Hey! That's really cool, good luck with moving! Talkeetna is about 2 hours from Anchorage, Wasilla is much closer. My dad works in Anchorage, and it's about an hours drive...Wasilla is a much better place to live than Anchorage in my opinion. It's nice and quiet :) I stopped in King Salmon a couple years ago on a plane trip back to Anchorage from Bethel. It was VERY pretty!!

Yeah, we're hoping that we can move to the Wasilla area or maybe down in Kenai. My husband, if he gets this job, will be working 2 weeks on and 2 off in Prudhoe Bay so we won't get to see him anyway. Right now we live in a town of about 25,000, which is way too many people for me! We live in the country but they are putting up a housing development on the property across the road from us (why they would destroy perfectly good land for a development is beyond me, but then what do I know! Anyway we have 3 kids, 2 school age so we want somewhere quiet and still close enough to schools. Quite frankly hubby and I would be happy in a cabin in the woods somewhere where no one bothered us!

I'm so glad that you've found us here at the 'ville. I'm sure that you'll have a great time. I've gained so much knowledge from everyone and improved my skills immensely! Sometimes I just like to lurk around and see all the pics of the beautiful things everyone has made.

Yeah, we're hoping that we can move to the Wasilla area or maybe down in Kenai. My husband, if he gets this job, will be working 2 weeks on and 2 off in Prudhoe Bay so we won't get to see him anyway. Right now we live in a town of about 25,000, which is way too many people for me! We live in the country but they are putting up a housing development on the property across the road from us (why they would destroy perfectly good land for a development is beyond me, but then what do I know! Anyway we have 3 kids, 2 school age so we want somewhere quiet and still close enough to schools. Quite frankly hubby and I would be happy in a cabin in the woods somewhere where no one bothered us!

I'm so glad that you've found us here at the 'ville. I'm sure that you'll have a great time. I've gained so much knowledge from everyone and improved my skills immensely! Sometimes I just like to lurk around and see all the pics of the beautiful things everyone has made.

That's really cool that your husband is going to be on the slope. What is his job? Where I live there's an elementary school not too far away, and my neighborhood is about a 5 minute drive from downtown Wasilla and it's still very quiet. I think they're building a development down the road some, but there's still lots of trees where I live :D I love it. Someplace to explore and whatnot. I totally love Crochetville. Lots of fun, I get to meet lots of different people! I don't know anyone my age here in town that crochets and none of my friends do, so it's definitely nice to find other people who have the same hobby :D

I lived in Anchorage for about 20 years. Moved back to Ohio 3 years ago. It's cool to see people from Alaska here. :D

The weirdest thing is while living in Alaska I keep hearing Ohio or Cleveland mentioned on tv and in movies. When I moved back to Ohio I keep hearing about Alaska. lol

• 9 months later...

I live in the Mat-Su area, and have my whole life. Having trouble finding people around here to join in a crochet group or something of that sort.

• 3 years later...

Hey! That's really cool, good luck with moving! Talkeetna is about 2 hours from Anchorage, Wasilla is much closer. My dad works in Anchorage, and it's about an hours drive...Wasilla is a much better place to live than Anchorage in my opinion. It's nice and quiet :) I stopped in King Salmon a couple years ago on a plane trip back to Anchorage from Bethel. It was VERY pretty!!

It is nice to see some Valley love.

Archived