LB Free Irish Lace Scarf Pattern CAL!!

HappyBunny

Oooooh, LeaAnne, that other yarn sounds gorgeous!! To make myself feel better with the Fisherman yarn, I've been looking thru my stash and planning what I'll use next...it's helping me to stay motivated to finish!

...Hang in there... You're almost there!!

Lee Anne, I agree about the length of this scarf. I had already decided that I was going longer for it as well. 57" is just so 'nowhere' :rofl

I can't wait to see your fleck version... should be a Totally Wow version. :dreaming

I know, right? the longer the better this year!;) I am on a mission to finish my "winter rose" tonight, so I can start the gray one in the morning. My DH is away on business, and the kids will be back at school, so I think I will have myself a "playday"!:dance:heehee ... I will just do a couple of :wash:wash, the rest can wait a day (it's not like it won't WAIT for me :rofl)

I have not been this excited in a long time:yay:hyper

you guys ROCK! ::ty for gettin' me jazzed!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im on board for this CAL!!!!!..I have already started my scraf and believe I will try to make it longer also...Cant wait to see everyone's scarf when finished!:clap

Hi, don't you just love this pattern?:yes What yarn are you using?

Can't wait to see pics!:cheer

:cheer:cheer

I finished my first one... ran out of yarn, so I only have 2 roses (I don't like sewing, so I figured out how to make the middle then the rose attached)

I am calling it "winter rose" for my February scarf

my pics are here: http://s465.photobucket.com/albums/rr13/a_stitchintime/

I started on the light grey/flecked yarn, and will have pics to post by the weekend.

Hope everyone's doing well and having fun! :ghug

Thanks, Kim!

I wore it all day yesterday... I like how it drapes, and the 2 roses were just enough.

How are you making out with that wool?

Oh, I love that you already got to wear your scarf!:yay Mine is coming along but it's slow going...the yarn just isn't very nice to work with but I love the color. I already had it in my stash so this pattern is perfect for using it up but I can't wait to make it in a softer yarn!!:yes

I am giving today and tomorrow (almost) exclusively to this scarf.

I have had so much on the go that I Haven't gotten much further. I keep this base as something I can take along when I visit and I haven't been visiting much so it is not getting the attention it should.

Well, now it will be the focus except where I have to changeover to give my hands some "elbow room" :rofl

I decided to add just a touch of blue, and go with taupe and a darker cream for the leaves.

I also used a fancy gold button for the centers.

Oh well back to the base of the scarf...

th_Flower2.jpg

th_Flower1.jpg

Thanks Lea Anne, Yours is more classy, so very pretty and will go with any outfit.

I just couldn't make up my mind what to do, so I went thru some odd balls and came up with this combo, rather than buy more yarn.

I decided to add just a touch of blue, and go with taupe and a darker cream for the leaves.

th_Flower2.jpg

th_Flower1.jpg

Love the colours in your flowers.

Thanks, Kim!

I wore it all day yesterday... I like how it drapes, and the 2 roses were just enough.

How are you making out with that wool?

Your scarf is beautiful and you have worn it already. This is great!:yay

Well colour that puppy completed. I'll post a pic tomorrow .

I am only using one rose with two leaves for mine as I am not big on a lot of poofy stuff on my scarves. This one set looks nice but more would not really make sense at the bus stop. :rofl

I did use my dusty rose with mint green for the leaves. I made the centre in the peach I used for the scarf base.

Pics tomorrow fer shure

this has been a great project. I think any more I would work from the centre out so the ends match. That seems to be one area where I am becoming very 'retentive'. :wlol

Thanks Lea Anne, Yours is more classy, so very pretty and will go with any outfit.

I just couldn't make up my mind what to do, so I went thru some odd balls and came up with this combo, rather than buy more yarn.

I love being creative with what I already have... that's what makes things even more special, I think. thanks for the nice words, and I can't wait to see your finished scarf :hug

Love the colours in your flowers.

Your scarf is beautiful and you have worn it already. This is great!:yay

Yeah, I guess I got so excited to be making something for myself, I needed instant gratification :rofl... and it helped that it has been pretty cold :wink:wgrin

Well colour that puppy completed. I'll post a pic tomorrow .

I am only using one rose with two leaves for mine as I am not big on a lot of poofy stuff on my scarves. This one set looks nice but more would not really make sense at the bus stop. :rofl

I did use my dusty rose with mint green for the leaves. I made the centre in the peach I used for the scarf base.

Pics tomorrow fer shure

this has been a great project. I think any more I would work from the centre out so the ends match. That seems to be one area where I am becoming very 'retentive'. :wlol

... :drool I can't wait to see it! Are you gonna stick around and play with this pattern again? ... sounds like you need to work on the "retention tension" :rofl

I will post my pics soon but I am working on a matching hat now so I want that done before I take the pics.

I will try to post the pattern for any who might want it but it is one of those things that is easier to do than to tell how to do :think

:wlol

th_Flower2.jpg

th_Flower1.jpg

They're beautiful Carol!

I will post my pics soon but I am working on a matching hat now so I want that done before I take the pics.

I will try to post the pattern for any who might want it but it is one of those things that is easier to do than to tell how to do :think

:wlol

hmmm. a hat with a poofy flower. LOVE IT!

Fishermans wool in Natural.

I like that color. makes me wish I could do wool.

Archived