LB Free Irish Lace Scarf Pattern CAL!!

HappyBunny

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pink, lavender and yellow roses with pale moss leaves on a blue denim or pale powder blue background was my first visual when I saw this scarf as well. Now this would definitely welcome in spring time. LOL

OMG Those colors would be fabulous!!!! I, too, am putting this on my list for the Scarf a Month CAL!! I may just do it in those colors, as well! Thanks for the suggestion!! :clap:crocheting

I have started my scarf base in the peach yarn. it is only slightly more peach than the aran fisherman colour.

however... I have been very bad lately with too much crocheting so I am just going a bit more slowly for the sake of my wrists. This is a simple pattern and goes quickly as is but I just can't run it up in a day or two for now.

I am still debating using other colours when I get to the pretty bits. :dreaming

Doing mine in single strand Ecru colored, but I am playing with the idea of doing Roses and leaves in another shade. On row 13 this AM when company showed up, and then did some pics and proof reading of my own scarf pattern. (Gourmet Crochet shelved til these two are done.) :lol not as good at multi-tasking as I used to be...

I set aside my GG pattern for now too....I am loving this Irish Lace pattern!

Will you scarf pattern be ready soon?

I set aside my GG pattern for now too....I am loving this Irish Lace pattern!

Will you scarf pattern be ready soon?

I finished with typing, and now I am doing my own testing, by crocheting it again following my own instructions, sort of a proof reading. I am half way through it, and then I will make the corrections on the typed pattern pre posting. Should be all done sometime next week as I don't want to rush and post a lot of errors.

I see a scarf in black with red roses and white leaves.........

I see a scarf in lavender with pink (and/or yellow) roses and pale green leaves........

I see a scarf in butter cream yellow with lavender roses and pale green leaves.........

I think I'm seeing things.........:heehee

I see a scarf in lavender with pink (and/or yellow) roses and pale green leaves........

I see a scarf in butter cream yellow with lavender roses and pale green leaves.........

:lol , I did the same thing.

I am trying to get a few more rows done while I take a break, I am anxious to start the flowers!

Me too!! They are what makes this scarf so fascinating...

boy would that ever be pretty. :dreaming Maybe I'll get around to that one after I get my current WIP and CAL stuff made.

I won't be doing mine for a while, but I bought the yarn for it today while I was at Hobby Lobby. I think it will be my scarf of the month for one of the spring months since those are the colors I see it in. I'm using Red Heart Super Saver for my yarn. The main body of the scarf will be in Aspen Print (a variegated in soft creams, browns and greens). The leaves will be in spring green and frosty green. The roses will be in country rose, pale yellow, light coral, and rose pink. :)

I finished with typing, and now I am doing my own testing, by crocheting it again following my own instructions, sort of a proof reading. I am half way through it, and then I will make the corrections on the typed pattern pre posting. Should be all done sometime next week as I don't want to rush and post a lot of errors.

Hope we get to see pics when you're done!

Working on the leaves!!! Scarf, done, flowers, done! Hope to get this finished tomorrow. It's snowing like the dickens here, so I have some good crochet time.

Please post pics! I was just reading over the directions for the flowers and I"m really tempted to do them in another color...but I think for now I"m going to stick with the Fisherman yarn!

No crocheting at all done today, old van decided to poop out on us while at Kmart picking up prescriptions. Good thing we decided to get AAA last year, when we both got too weak to do much physically challenging stuff. Turned out it is a cable that got loose because of corrosion. A charge and a few taps from mechanic and we were on our way. So we made it home. DD & SIL promised to come out next weekend and help us get it fixed. Talk about frustration and boredom and cold, brrrr...55 minutes waiting for mechanic. I had called a neighbor for help and left a message on his phone, but DH insisted I call AAA.

and we had to beg store to let us use their phone (no pay phones anywhere near) because DH couldn't find his cell. Turned up it slid under his seat, he thought he left it home... AAA kept asking me questions I didn't know. This whole day has turned into a comedy of errors... but we are home and warm now, cell phone charging and van resting til the weekend.

Now for the fun part. Friend finally got message and kept trying to reach us at the cell that was under the seat, while we shivered by Kmart doors. I ran back out of house after getting home (to look for cell) while DH went to "the rest room" upstairs. Friend got home and got the message I left after we got home, that we were back and got help from AAA. So he pulls up while I am going to the van. As he walks into my kitchen, DH who is in my upstairs den now, calls him on his cell. So friend answers it. DH says, "You don't have to come help us." Friend says "I know". DH says, "How do you know, where are you?" Friend says "In your kitchen." DH is dumbfounded and responds, "What the heck are you doing in my kitchen?" I walk back in with cell in hand, to hear him say, "I'm talking to you!!!"

So we all laugh, and are ready for some coffe/tea and grateful for home and friends.

boy that is quite a tale to tell. It's good that it worked out and it would make the cuppa taste so much better.

I got quite a bit done on my base scarf today ... My friend has said that she would prefer some colour rather than just doing the classic all one colour style. hmm

Arrrgh!!! Super bugged out, My own pattern all typed up, complete with little pics and diagrams to help explain directions, and I don't know how to get it on here without retyping the whole thing here and putting pics in afterwards from photobucket.

Is that how everyone else posts their patterns on the original patterns section??

Don't have my own blog or website to post it on and then just do a link in the ville. All that work for nothing....

Arrrgh!!! Super bugged out, My own pattern all typed up, complete with little pics and diagrams to help explain directions, and I don't know how to get it on here without retyping the whole thing here and putting pics in afterwards from photobucket.

Is that how everyone else posts their patterns on the original patterns section??

Don't have my own blog or website to post it on and then just do a link in the ville. All that work for nothing....

when I post patterns - that are saved as Word.docs - I just copy and paste into a Create New Thread window.

However, you have to post the pics separately as Images into the pattern.

when I post patterns - that are saved as Word.docs - I just copy and paste into a Create New Thread window.

However, you have to post the pics separately as Images into the pattern.

Thanks Darski, My new pc came with works and not word. Guess I will have to wait til I can buy Word.

I tried saving it as rich text in word pad, but it was too long so word pad left off the ending. I even tried converting it to Adobe, but it lost the pics along the way, so after all day at trying everthing I could think of I called it quits and hoped someone here could help me.

I really appreciate your advice. :hug

Thanks Darski, My new pc came with works and not word. Guess I will have to wait til I can buy Word.

I tried saving it as rich text in word pad, but it was too long so word pad left off the ending. I even tried converting it to Adobe, but it lost the pics along the way, so after all day at trying everthing I could think of I called it quits and hoped someone here could help me.

I really appreciate your advice. :hug

You might want to consider Open Office. it is a free software that does everything that Word does and at no cost.

http://www.openoffice.org/

I really liked it but I had to uninstall it because it changed all my Word docs and they wouldn't translate for other users in my group.

You might want to consider Open Office. it is a free software that does everything that Word does and at no cost.

http://www.openoffice.org/

I really liked it but I had to uninstall it because it changed all my Word docs and they wouldn't translate for other users in my group.

I visited the site, doesn't mention anything about security. Is it safe??

Archived