Family Circle Easy Knitting Plus Crochet????

TepperWear

How odd. Maybe since I think they just put out a special all-crochet issue not too long ago? I've bought that a couple of times & it usually has a pretty fair number of crochet patterns, although never as many as I'd like. ;)

Whew! It's nice to know it's not just me!

I subscribe (since i you-know-what :lol and crochet) and I was terrible dissappointed in this issue. Not only for the lack of crochet, but even the craft-that-shall-not-be-named was BOOORING!

Well, I'm a new knitter and I like the issue. I love the mitten patterns and the sweaters for men. I like looking at the photos and if I see something I like...making it with crochet as well.

Donna

I got this mag because I really liked the Crocheted Bolero/Shrug that was made in purple Berroco Suede (although it would cost at least $80 to make it with this yarn). I still love the pattern and think I might make it with Microspun. Any comments?

Tandi

They're set to start the all crochet magazine in August, so maybe that's why there was little to no crochet in this issue.

I've only seen one issue and that was the one I bought last month (with all the summer stuff - a good amount of crochet, too I might add)

I'm just on edge waiting for the all crochet mag! :hook:hook:hook

I got this mag because I really liked the Crocheted Bolero/Shrug that was made in purple Berroco Suede (although it would cost at least $80 to make it with this yarn). I still love the pattern and think I might make it with Microspun. Any comments?

Tandi

I didn't see that pattern either.

hmm, I'll have to stalk a couple of the stores here for this issue, it takes awhile sometimes for the new issues to hit the stands here in Winnipeg,,,drives me nuts sometimes waiting. :(

I was at B & N today too....and I looked at the magazine. I have a book that tells you how to convert knit to crochet but NONE of the knitting patterns looked even worth it!

I thumbed then put it back....ended up buying the little box of hat & scarves.

• 2 weeks later...

I read in another forum that Family Circle is phasing out crochet in Easy Knitting all together since they are coming out with a Crochet magazine. But still haven't found out if the crochet magazine will be a monthly or once a year or what.

2 x yearly

First to be released on August 23rd, 2005

Next to be released in February of 2006

This is as per the assistant editor of FC. We were contacted for a product review and were told if we didn't make it into the August issue (we supposedly did) we would in the next.

I was contacted as well but wasn't sure of the publication dates. They said they would like to include a mention of the Crochetville forums in the front section with the products and stuff. And same here, if there wasn't enough room in the August issue, it would be in the next. :clap

Tandi

You could find a less expensive "substitute" yarn, the yarns they usually have in there are ridiculously expensive most of the time, in my opinion.

Tina

Red,

I got the confirmation from Michelle. Look for me in there too! I can't wait to see it.

I just hope that Soho Publishing gives this book the same attention and UMPHHhh that they do their other publications, namely Vogue Knitting. We'll see...

Archived