Crochet Pattern Central Amigurumi page error

Sugarcoatedlies

I love going to CPC and I periodically check the amigurumi and animals for new stuff because my sister likes me to make her toys. I clicked the amigurumi link and i got an error.

http://crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/amigurumi.php

is this happening for anyone else? do you know what might be happening?

Hi,

When you notice things like this, you are welcome to email or PM me.

Thanks for the heads up... I will look into this immediately. That page should not be 404!

RachelG - CPC webmistress/owner

Yay! I guess I should have waited to make my reply lol. I love your site BTW, you've done a great job on it and I visit just about everyday. It must have taken a lot of work to put it all together. It's one of my favorites. :)

Oh, yesterday I noticed that and I thought the ami was combined with the animals! Thanks soooo much for fixing it. I love ami and I think your site is simply amazing. It's very kind of you to do this.

Hi,

When you notice things like this, you are welcome to email or PM me.

Thanks for the heads up... I will look into this immediately. That page should not be 404!

RachelG - CPC webmistress/owner

Oh thank you! I didn't know the owner was on here! Thank you sosososo much for fixing it and for providing such an amazing site!!! :hug I found the 'ville through CPC :D

Oh, yesterday I noticed that and I thought the ami was combined with the animals! Thanks soooo much for fixing it. I love ami and I think your site is simply amazing. It's very kind of you to do this.

I thought they were combined too! lol

You're welcome...thanks again for letting me know! Most of the amigurumi also appear in CPC's animal section because they *are* technically animals, but a separate category was created for them several months ago.

When all else fails I go to "CPC" and "KPC"!! And thanx to CPC, this is how I found "Crochetville"!! :clap AND now that I go to both these places, I NEVER GET ANY CROCHETING/KNITTING DONE!!!!!!! :hook:lol

I NEVER GET ANY CROCHETING/KNITTING DONE!!!!!!! :hook:lol

You and me both! *I get up, work up CPC/KPC, go to my day job, come home, work on CPC/KPC, go to bed...repeat from * four weekdays more. (Ok that was a slight exaggeration, but only slight...) :lol:lol

I hardly ever crochet anymore, but that doesn't keep me from "drooling" over the new patterns.

You and me both! *I get up, work up CPC/KPC, go to my day job, come home, work on CPC/KPC, go to bed...repeat from * four weekdays more. (Ok that was a slight exaggeration, but only slight...) :lol:lol

I hardly ever crochet anymore, but that doesn't keep me from "drooling" over the new patterns.

How do you find all these new patterns? Do people tell you about them or do you just search and search? I'm just curious.

How do you find all these new patterns? Do people tell you about them or do you just search and search? I'm just curious.

Gasp...you want me to divulge my trade secrets on a public forum? :faint

I'm entirely kidding. ;)

My list of how-to-find (or find-out-about) free patterns includes but is not limited to:

-Frequenting forums

-Checking Ravelry

-Frequently checking a list of bookmarked sites that add new free patterns on a regular basis

-When designers email me and tell me they have something new (or people write telling me about a pattern they spotted, to check and see if I have it)

When all else fails, I bring up my search window in my database and type in one letter (example: e) and bring up a loooooooooooooong list of links (either that or pattern names) that contain the letter e. Then I go through that list looking for sites where there's any possibility that they may have added something since I was last there.

Since I've been doing this for years (CPC recently had its 5 year birthday and yes I did celebrate with ice cream!!), I've memorized the pages on crochet sites to where I can tell at a glance if there is anything new or not (for the most part). If I do forget, I do a search for the link in my database.

It is a little time consuming but so far no tech in my family has written a code to go out and do it all for me. :lol

Rachel,

You are so wonderful to spend so much time and effort for all of us. I'm glad you accept people telling you about patterns. I e-mailed you yesterday, with one I found that wasn't on your site that I could find.

Thanks for all your work, it really is appreciated by ALOT of people.

TLOL,

Toni

It is a little time consuming but so far no tech in my family has written a code to go out and do it all for me. :lol

You can find lots of web crawler how-tos online. I found this program that looks promising:

http://www.beansoftware.com/NET-Tutorials/Web-Crawler.aspx

Maybe one of the techy people in your family could modify it to only add pages containing certain keywords (ex. free crochet pattern) to the database. There are tutorials for several other programming languages as well.

Archived