January Icicles Scarf and hat notes

darski

Okay, I understand. Thank you! Nice that you are right there now. :hug So when I begin to use the 6.5mm hook, that's when I make fudge. :rofl

that would be my best suggestion. :mdust

You want I should give my addy so you can send me some cyber fudge?

:rofl

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Darski, :ohdear I need you to hold my hand.:confused

At the end of round 1, do you join with sl st to top of ch2? And that ch2 counts as 1 hdc?

At the end of the other rounds, do you join to top of ch2 with sl st? Or is the hat worked in the round. Can you even work in the round with anything other than sc?

Assuming you join w/sl st to top of ch2, do you ch2 at the beginning of each round to begin the new round? And does this ch2 count as the 1st hdc?

If so, what do you do with the ch2? You can't work a FPDC around that. So do you hdc in the same sp as the ch2 or hdc in the 1st "real" hdc? It's weird...I did it both ways and believe I came out with 18 sts. I don't know how that could happen. I was using black and the stitches were hard to see. I think I'll practice on a lighter color until I get your answers.

I hope my questions are clear. I usually go into too much detail but as smart :think as you are :yes, I'm sure you'll know what my dilemma is.

Thank you, Dear.

:hug

I just remembered the Carousel Square by Priscilla Hewitt which had dbls in trebles along with fpdc

To begin round 2, it was ch3 to count as 1st dc, then fpdc around the beg ch4 of of round 1. In the remaining sts of round 2 it was dc in next trc, fpdc around the same trc--instead of the dc.

I think in increasing on the remaining rounds you didn't have to work in the round below. It's ch3 to count as 1st dc, dc in same st as joining, fpdc around the next fpdc. (Just reading the instructions puts my brain at a handicap--I'm better at hands-on.)

But for your hat beg with round 3, you do fpdc around the fpdc in the round below.

Well, anyway, I think I found a way to do it and remain consistent which is very important.

Please, please, please correct me if I'm all wrong.

Sorry, I was out earlier so I didn't see your post.

yes you do join in the top of the ch 2 for round one. It does count as hdc. when I work in HDC, I do not make a ch 2 to begin each round, I just do the hdc straight up.

yes you do work the FPdc around the one from the row below.

Okay! Thanks very much! I usually have trouble figuring out instructions that don't spell out every little chain that's done. :lol I have learned a little bit about doing that but I'm still in the dark on others.

Ta Ta again! (Don't know if you say that in Canadian but it means thank you.)

:hug

• 6 years later...

Archived