FOUND: Yarn Winder

Okay; I thought I was going to be able to do the electric mixer thing, but after the haul I made yesterday (most of which is STILL in my van) I realize that I really NEED a yarn winder at this point.

I'm willing to pay for one, new or used is fine with me as long as it works. I have a lot of yarn here for charity work that I'd like to make into little cakes for easier shipping. If you can help, please post here or PM me. :ty

I just got one from an eBay seller. $32.00 plus $6.00 shippng. That's the cheapest I've found. Waiting for a better deal by bidding just seems like too much of a waste of time. Got it from twilightmemories1, using BIN. I've spent the last two days cleaning up my zillion hand-wound balls of yarn, and getting some ready to sell. Finally bringing some order out of the chaos. Love my winder!

Joanns is selling one online here:

http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?CATID=24842&PRODID=80806

and I have a 50% of coupon I'm pretty sure you can use. With shipping and tax, the total comes out to $33. If you want to spend that much let me know and I'll gladly give you the code.

I got one here: Knitting and Sewing Supplies from Cara Bernhauser. Scroll down about 1/3 of the page. She sells an economy winder for $19.95. The shipping makes it $29, but is a better deal than I have found anywhere else. It works great for personal home use. I've balled up a bunch of yarns with it and have no complaints.

HTH!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using my juicer as a yarn winder. Its blade is removeable and then it has a long stick thing that yarn spools can be put on. I've been looking for a source of spools to hold the yarn. I have one that held ribbon.

Archived