Is there going to be a charity blitz for 2009?

alwayscrafting

You know, I really don't know. This is quite a large event and becomes very difficult to coordinate throughout the year, especially providing regular updates to everything. I know I personally wasn't able to keep up with it like I should have throughout the year, with providing regular updates and edits to old posts (that the blitz coordinators can't make to posts made by anyone but themselves).

If we keep this up, I think we need a different way of managing it, to make it easier on everyone. Like maybe just one thread to list each month's charity project, and then the coordinator for each month would start their own thread for all the posts about that month's project.

Is there interest in doing this again for 2009?

I did not join because I could not figure out what was what last year. Maybe a subforum & 2 threads for each month? One just for the coordinator of the month to update when they got something & from who & one to discuss that month. If it was easy to see what was what for each month without hundreds of pages to figure it out I'd more then likely join in on a few months.

I used the Charity Blitz list when the Charity Square Along rolled around each month. I generally made and sent to whoever was on the Charity Blitz list for that particular month. It would be sad to see the list go, but I can sure understand it's a lot of work.

Patty

I thought the person who did the tallys for the 2007 blitz,did a fantastic job,granted the blitz thread got very large.

2008 the tallys stopped in April ( on front page ) it wasn't as easy to sift through to see totals,I thought it a brillant idea to put the totals on first page,ah well,my .02 cents

Archived