Dragonfly

Okiegal76

This is my first pattern that I have attempt to make. It took me a while to make it but it was worth the while. I am not good at writing down instructions and it hasnt been tested yet so if any of you find another way to word things or find a mistake, let me know and I will correct it.

HPIM0647.jpg

I used a G hook and WW weight yarn but any hook/yarn will probably due.

Ch. 22

Rnd 1: Sc in 2nd st. from hook. Sc in the next 14 sts (should be 15 sc all together), ch 21, sl st in the next st, ch 21 again, sc in the next 4 sts, 10 sc in the last st, skip the next st, sc in the next 4 sts (it should line up with the end of the 2nd wing) ch 21, sl st in the next st, ch 21 again, sc in the next 15 sts.

Rnd 2: Sl st in the stitches up to the first wing. Double crochet in first stitch, treble crochet in the next, double treble in the following, triple treble in the next 5 sts, double treble in next, treble crochet in the following, double crochet in the next, sc in the following stitches to the end of the wing, repeat for the next wing. Sl st all the way around to the next wing. Sc in the chain until there are 11 unworked loops, double crochet in the next, treble in the following, double treble in the following, triple treble in the next 5 sts, double treble in the next, treble in the following, and double in the last st. Repeat for the 2nd wing. Sl st to the end of the tail of the dragonfly. Finish off. Weave in the ends.

I stitched up the openings in the wings and put a stitch in center of the bottom wing and in the border of the top wing to keep them together.

Hope you enjoy!!

Tammy

• 4 weeks later...

Archived