What type of note for prayer shawl?

I was wondering what type of note do you attach to a shawl or gift for someone having a hard time. We have a teacher at school and his wife just found out she has breast cancer. They just had a baby girl and already have 2 small boys under 5, so I am sure this is a very scarry time for them. The teachers are already having food delivered to them. I do not know if they are religous or not so I want to attach an correct note to the shawl. Do you sign your name or just say its from someone who cares and is thinking about them?:think

Cindy,

Our church has a prayer shawls ministry. So we do our church's name. Before when I did them myself I would sign my name. I think people like to know who they are from and who is praying for them.

I will be praying for the lady and family. I have a missionary friend who has recently found out that she has breast cancer.

If you haven't already....look at www.shawlministry.com

The list colors and meanings also have some prayers.

Monica

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the front of the ones I print up for our prayershawl ministry that we attach and on the back is this prayer. Our priests blesses them for us and I have never worried about if they are religious or not just give them like this. I frankly never thought about it. So many people have told me they feel so comforted by the shalws and I truely believe it's the blessing from the priest and the praying over it when I stitch it so that makes me feel that they do help anyone sick weather they belive or not. Mary!

2400476350035973728S425x425Q85.jpg

When you wrap youself up in this shawl

Bless yourself in the name of the father who loves you

and of the son who is your who is your brother and your friend

and of the holy spirit who guides your every step

When I crocheted this shawl I prayed many prayers into every stitch

that this shawl would keep you warm

makes you feel strong

helps you feel better

may this shawl calm you when you are upset

remind you that you are loved and

remind you that your guardian angel

is always watching over you

when you wear this shawl believe with all your hear that

God is with your of every minute of every hour of every day

Jesus loves you no matter what, and

the holy spirit rests upon your shoulder

especially when you are sad and lonely

may this shawl bring you sweet dreams when your are sleeping

amen.

• 3 weeks later...

i want to thank all of you. i have a close friend whose husband was recently diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer. they were college sweethearts and have 2 children. i wanted something for her and for him. any ideas for men?

Donna, if you know his favorite color, I would use that and enclose a note that it's a hug from you when you aren't there in person. You may want to make one for your friend, also. I made one for my friend who was going through a difficult time, and it quickly became the family favorite.

Anything you create in prayer can be given, even a small 'fridgie' type item.

On the shawl ministry site there are prayer cloths, prayer shawls, even prayer sweaters for dogs.

Also, I have made prayer shawls for both of my sons and a Male friend of mine. They are not just for ladies. (although, I used rectangular shawls for the males).

Archived