Avadars?

If you go into your user control panel (user cp on the blue bar at the top of the page) you can then go into settings and options, edit avatar. there you can choose from some avatar pics Crochetville has provided, or upload your own photo--or small section of a photo-- from photobucket. that's what I did. it has to be very small in size. I'm sure there is also more info about doing this in the FAQs and/or in board help section.

Find any pic you like, from the web or a snapshot of your latest crochet project. If you have some sort of photo editing software just scrunch it down to size.

Per the User CP: "Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 64 by 64 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)"

I generally create my own avatars using Photoshop. I've used my own art, photos, etc. and then played around with the different filters and options in the program. If you have a program like MS Paint or something like that, you can just play with the settings and options to see if you can come up with something you like. The only problem with using images you find on Google or other sites is that often the original artist hasn't given permission for it to be used, and I know several sites who have been contacted by artists to report copyright infringment. There are a lot of sites that offer avatars, desktop wallpapers, etc. and many of them are created with stolen works, so if you're looking for images, try a stock image site such as http://www.sxc.hu/. Or, if you know someone who is creative, you can always ask them to create one for you. ;)

I generally create my own avatars using Photoshop. ;)

Same here. Though I've yet to make one for this particular forum... I love messing around with Photoshop!

Archived