I received a great surprise today!

There was a knock on the door this afternoon and since I wasn't dressed I sent DS to open the door thinking it was a package my daughter had ordered. Well, lo and behold, DS brought the package to me, it was from my best friend who lives in DE. I eagerly opened it and was delighted to find a huge skein of Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (14 oz., Pilgrim Peach) and FIVE pattern books/magazines from American School of Needlework and Annie's Attic.:jumpyay:clap:cheer Did that make my day!!! There's one for ponchos and shrugs, two for sweaters and tops (even a skirt), one for bags and another for afghans. I'm SO happy!!! This could keep me busy all of next year.:lol

Don't you just love best friends? :bheart They always know exactly what you need...:hook

I was embarrassed though that she beat me to it, I finished her gifts a while back but have been taking my time in sending them, but tonight I'm washing them so I can mail them tomorrow Lord willing!

Thanks girls for sharing in my joy, I appreciate you all! :D And I wish you all great "fiber gifts" (and other kinds) this season too. To me this is more of a big deal because I usually do not get (or give...) Christmas presents, except from/to my children who live with me, but last year and again this, one of them is unemployed so things weren't looking good. I kind of hinted to her once about "sharing the wealth" regarding crochet pattern books because she mentioned once that she sometimes could get them from thrift stores and I didn't have any luck, but these are brand new and very nice, I love them!

And yes, good friends are hard to find and worth millions. I've always been thankful about her because we met in school over 40 years ago and been best friends ever since (although we didn't like each other at first sight :lol), we actually think of each other as sisters and in reality I'm much closer to her than to any of my two.

With each day that passes it becomes more special to me because of the way I've seen my own sisters behave :(, especially the one I made this poncho for (my daughter and one of my aunts have told me to sell it and not give it to her...), but I count my blessings and my friend has really been a blessing to me.

Archived