Crocheting for Historical Home

RebaC

Hi everyone. I'm new to the site. I've been crocheting too many years to admit. I just finished updating my website and wanted to share some of my past work with you. I crochet everything I can think of to decorate an 1842 Plantation House. Click here for some of the pieces I have kept for the house. Of course I give away some too, all the kiddies and grandkiddies have afghans. I am also planning to start a Crochet Club if I can just think of ways to get started and what all the rules would be.

I am currently working on a Queen Anne's Tablecloth I found on Celt's website. Hope to get to know some of you and have fun sharing.

Nice work! :clap

I've actually done that bird pattern afghan. But instead of stitching the birds and flowers, I beaded them in all the colors. Funny, I didn't remember taking a hard blow to the head, but I must've to have come up with that idea. It came out gorgeous, but, man, did it take a long time!!!

And then I gave it away. Had to have been a head trauma! :lol

:hook Colleen

What a gorgeous home and crocheted items!!:c9 I have some of those patterns hoping to one day crochet them (for me of course)..:lol My heart almost stopped when I saw all those dolls!!!:heart It has given me the determination :scrachinto crochet at least one in 2009!!:tyfor sharing all of these wonderful pieces!!!

Nice work! :clap

I've actually done that bird pattern afghan. But instead of stitching the birds and flowers, I beaded them in all the colors. Funny, I didn't remember taking a hard blow to the head, but I must've to have come up with that idea. It came out gorgeous, but, man, did it take a long time!!!

And then I gave it away. Had to have been a head trauma! :lol

:hook Colleen

What a great idea! I'll bet it was beautiful.

Colleen, you had to be brain dead. The beaded version must have been gorgeous. I have a hard time giving up things that take me months, even a year or more to complete. I am so worried the person won't appreciate the effort and care for it. Does anyone ever feel that the big projects are part of you, like giving away something you love dearly?

Colleen, you had to be brain dead. The beaded version must have been gorgeous. I have a hard time giving up things that take me months, even a year or more to complete. I am so worried the person won't appreciate the effort and care for it. Does anyone ever feel that the big projects are part of you, like giving away something you love dearly?

:lol !!

I gave it to my aunt who is a major bird lover. I'll have to see if I can get some pics of it the next time I'm at her house and post them up.

Sometimes I hate to give away a project, but I tell myself they're just string and I can make another one anytime I want. Of course, I haven't been able to part with my state fair winners. I have three and three kids so I've kind of designated them one for each when they're all grown up.

:hookColleen

Archived