Need a pattern for ribbon yarn!

I have 3 balls of LB Incredible that I would like to use on a shawl or nice scarf for my aunt for Christmas. The only pattern I can think of to use is the love knot shawl but I really didn't like it the last time I made it. I am wondering if any of you wonderfully resourceful ladies may know of another pattern I can use with it.

Thank you!

There's the Bronze Beauty , the Day to Night (it uses 7 balls though), and the Perfect Poncho on the Lion Brand website. There is also a pattern for a top in the book Amazing Crochet Lace that uses incredible. There seem to be more knit patterns for it than crochet.

Maybe you could mix it with another bulky yarn and just do a rectangular wrap alternating stripes of the yarns (with a fringe on the ends). Hope this helped!

Maybe you could mix it with another bulky yarn and just do a rectangular wrap alternating stripes of the yarns (with a fringe on the ends). Hope this helped!

I think this is a good idea too! I didnt like the ribbon yarn so I traded mine. I hope are able to find something you like.

Thank you! I think I am going to try the Perfect Poncho.

The first ribbon yarn I worked with was Ticker Tape and it was kind of stretchy- I actually stuck the tip of my hook right through it. :eek I swore to never use ribbon yarn again but of course Joann's had Incredible on sale for $1.49 a few months back. What yarn fiend can resist that? :lol But this one is kind of slippery so I really think I won't use it anymore after this. Unless it's on sale again. :devil

I'm anxious to see what other patterns are suggested here, because a year ago October I picked up 18 balls of Lion Brand Incredible at Dollar Tree for $1 a ball, and have yet to make anything with them! I have nine balls of Shaded Blues and nine balls of Autumn Leaves, and they're just hanging out in my stash waiting to be made into something!

Headbands!! That's a great idea!! I have some ribbon yarn that I bought at Wal-Mart some years ago. I only bought 3 balls of two colors. Not enough to do much with them, but headbands, yes, thanks for the idea!! :hook

Headbands would be good for my kids but for my aunt, no. I settled on a moebius scarf, I finished it all last night, it came out really cute but is rather small. :( The pattern called for 3 balls of Incredible plus a ball of something else, I decided to only use the Incredible as I didn't have another coordinating color. Well I ended up using only 1 ball! The gauge swatch came out correctly...hmmm...well maybe I will just make her a bunch of scarves. :lol

hi!!!

i also scored on a few dozen balls of incredible at my local dollar store, and made the "day to night " ponch on the lion website. i have had nothing but compliments on the poncho since i made it. i used 15 balls of the blue varigated, and my son says i look like a wizard in my cape!!! it worked up very quickly, and is fun to wear. pattern is on lions website for free!!

Does it have to be a shawl or scarf (don't all the balls have scarf patterns on them?)? How about a purse? Here's a couple of suggestions: http://crochet.theshoppe.com/gildedclutch.html and http://crochet.about.com/library/bl_1940bag4.htm

I was just thinking that I wish this had been posted in the "Yarn Talk" section for future reference because when I was new here I actually was looking for similar info and maybe I didn't find anything because I confined my search to that section alone.:(

Archived