Celtwich has closed down!!!!---contact info????

Amy, thank you so much for attempting to contact Celtwich to try to arrive at a solution to this problem. Of course, ideally you will be able to contact her and she will be amenable to your suggestion, HOWEVER, even in the event that the unthinkable happens and you are either not able to contact her, or she is not interested in your proposal, THANK YOU FOR TRYING. This is why I love Crochetville so much! You try so hard to make this a great place for us all to hang out, and it is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! Good luck in your search. I hope you are able to find a way to contact her.

Ditto! :yes

It just makes me heartsick to see this happen. I so much appreciated her site and am sad to see it closed because of people's selfishness and dishonesty

I am also very..very sad about this..:( I appreciated her site and spent many hours just looking at all the doilies patterns that she had!! I am heartbroken about this situation!! I hope that she reads these posts and know how many of us are so thankful for her and feel so sad about what happenned!!:hug

This just makes me sick...on so many levels. I wonder if she would be willing to put those patterns on a CD and sell them to us. A lot of history has been wiped out on that site. I am just so sad I can't even express my feelings.

We have lost a lot of great sites in the last few years. Gosh, I wish she would reconsider. If she had just told some of us about the ebay problems, I know we could have helped her with the thieves.

Dang it all........

Knocking around on the web today, I ran across a site called "Vintage Knitting" (so what does this have to do with crochet?).. they also have quite a few Crochet patterns.

I recognized some that had been on Celtwich's site.

Unfortunately, these are NOT free, but at least it is a source for some of the things that were formerly available.

http://www.vintageknits.com/osc/

Hope this helps someone.

I am not sad, no sir, I'm ANGRY!:rant Christians should not hate but I make exception with scumbuckets who ruin it for the rest of us! I just can't imagine what goes through the heads of these people to justify themselves for so blatantly making a profit from what someone kind and generous offered for free. It's the lowest thing because putting up a website, scanning all those pics and re-writing those patterns was no small feat. That was one of the first websites I bookmarked and hoped when I got "proficient" enough to make something out of there. I just hope she will bring it back charging a reasonable amount for those patterns, it would be a shame that they could not be accessed at all anymore!

Celtwich, if you read this please know that many of us really appreciated and respected what you had done!

I too loved Christine's site with all the old patterns. She had a heart pincushion pattern on there I had searched years and years for. I was so thrilled to find it at Celts, I had to let her know how much I appreciated it and her site. I checked her site often to see if she had any new patterns on there. I already had many of the patterns as I had them in books I had bought a long time ago. So sorry she had to take her site down because of the money grubbers. I have seen quite a few of those patterns on eBay.

Archived