Anyone in Clearwater area of FL??

• 2 weeks later...

I live in St James City near FtMyers and Sanibel area. I know that you are still a long ways from me but I just still wanted to say hello. What are you working on? I have several projects going.:c9 :c9

Happy crocheting,:cheer :cheer

Mary:manyheart :manyheart :manyheart

I have a few now too. LOL

I'm working on a baby afghan for my SIL and I just joined a crochet swap here (takes 40 posts to be able to see that part of the board and be able to participate -- so keep posting!!) for 6" squares. It's my first swap here and I'm very excited and a bit nervous -- it has a deadline!!! :gasp:

And I volunteered to help Fiona make ventilator preemie bonnets.....so I have hooks in almost

EVERY skein of yarn I own!! LOL

Welcome!!! How did you fair with Charley last year?? Good I hope!! Hurricane season starts WAY too early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay safe!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in the Brandon area - and there is a crochet meet-up group in Tampa every other Wednesday (the next one is 8/10) at the Borders on North Dale Mabry at 7 if you are interested.

• 1 month later...

Hello to all my fellow FLORIDIANS! My name is Laura and I am new to this site. I live in ST. Pete and would love to chat with and get together with fellow crochet-ers! I am 48 yo, love my animals,( too many to name all!) and would like to make new friends! Barbara Anne from Riverview, we have a few things in common! Live in Florida, christians, and I work at a cracker barrell!!! Saw picture of hubby!!!! HA!

• 1 month later...

I live in Clearwater! I've been here for a little over a year. I'm still VERY new to the site, so I hope I get all this right! I'm 22, I learned how to knit from my Grandmother- well, I asked her to teach me about two years ago- and then I purchased a book to help me along the way. I'd always been told that crochetting is faster than knitting, so I decided to give it a shot, too. So far- I love it! I'm still learning all the ropes of crocheting but once I figure something out- I just want to keep on going until I finish the project! Anyway- HELLO!!

Well there was talk about me moving to Largo for a while, but that looks to be a no go. Closest now would be possibly in Ft. Lauderdale on the other side of the state. :(

I will be taking vacation in March for 2 weeks to the Kissimmi area though so will let you know if I make it over towards the coast at all (I have a friend who lives in Dunedin I think it is)......even just to meet up for some tea / yarn shopping would be great fun!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey fellow Floridians....Hi Brandee *grin*

We have a crochet group that meets twice a month now, once at a the borders on Dale Mabry in North Tampa and the other time is at a coffee house near Busch Gardens on Busch Blvd.

If you want to join us you can go here --> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tampabaycrochet/ we started at meetup.com but they started charging for their service :(

btw...I'm in the tampa/citrus park area. Been crocheting for about 4 years now and I'm totally addicted!! LOL

Since KImberly said she would be in Kissimee area in March, maybe those of us who are within a few hours would like to meet and find a weekend or day when we could all get together and crochet together... If we started planning it now, maybe we could have everything ironed out by then...

What does everyone think???

(If I don't hear anything I'll post in a new thread...)

I will be taking vacation in March for 2 weeks to the Kissimmi area though so will let you know if I make it over towards the coast at all (I have a friend who lives in Dunedin I think it is)......even just to meet up for some tea / yarn shopping would be great fun!

Kimberly, I like Cristin-Fl are over here in Palm Harbor. As they say down here. Right up the road from Dunedin. Didn't realize there were so many of us here close to each other.:hook

I'm in Florida, but in the Panhandle. We're the 'red headed step-children' over here. I wish there were someone closer to me. Have a great get-together.

dont give up totally i may be movin to tallahassee in may or jjjunnne....p.s. i really am a red headed step child ....lol

• 2 months later...

I just pulled this up-- I'm a little computer challenged -- how do I join?

My hubby is selling his car today, so we'll be carpooling until we find another one. So I may not be able to make it for a few weeks, but it's nice to know of a group in Tampa! :yay

WOW! I just went back and read this whole thread...how exciting!!

We have quite a few Clearwater/Tampa crocheters!!!!

And Kimberly ~ yes, I'm RIGHT down the road from Dunedin (like Tampa Doll said)! I'd love to hook up. I do have a very busy March, though.....so let me know when you'll be here! I'll PM you.

And I'm hoping Wednesday nights will work out for me too -- just not tomorrow night. :( We need another car.

Archived