Autumn Comfortghan

Schmetterling

NicoleBlanket.jpg

Originally I called this by a different name when I wrote it in spring but I wasn't happy with it. Finally I changed to Autumn Comfortghan-much better!

This is my first written pattern and I'm terribly excited! Enjoy, and please do let me know of any questions!

© June 1, 2008 by Keesha Turner. This pattern is copyrighted and provided for your personal use. You may create it for personal, gift, or charity purposes; you may sell your completed item but not the pattern itself. Thank you!

Autumn Comfortghan

Completed size: Approximately 30 x 48

Supplies Needed:

Yarn: Sport-weight chenille in 3 colors: MC (Main Color), CC1 (Contrasting Color 1) and CC2 (Contrasting Color 2). Approx. 96 oz.

Hook: F/4.0.

Yarn needle.

Gauge: 6 dc = 2".

Directions for squares:

Using a double-strand throughout the pattern, chain 20.

Foundation Row: In 3rd chain from hook, dc in each dc across.

Row 1: Ch 2, turn, DC in next dc and continue in each dc across. (For a 'ribbed' look, work in back loop only in each row.)

Row 2: Repeat Row 1 until square measures 6" from beginning.

Create 20 squares of MC, 10 squares of CC1 and 10 squares of CC2.

Comfortghan Layout:

Row 1 square order: MC, CC1, MC, CC2, MC

Row 2 square order: CC2, MC, CC1, MC, CC2

Row 3 square order: MC, CC2, MC, CC1, MC

Row 4 square order: CC1, MC, CC2, MC, CC1

Row 5 square order: MC, CC1, MC, CC2, MC

Row 6 square order: CC2, MC, CC1, MC, CC2

Row 7 square order: MC, CC2, MC, CC1, MC

Row 8 square order: CC1, MC, CC2, MC, CC1

Using a yarn needle and MC yarn, whip stitch the squares together row by row. Weave in the ends as you work.

Border: *Using MC, place three hdc in a corner of the comfortghan in order to form a corner. Hdc around the lapghan, remembering to place three hdc in each of the corners to form the turns.* Repeat * to * for the second row of border.

It looks like a nice afghan to have a cup of tea :teaand a good book while watching it snow outside. Autumn Leaves is a perfect name for it! If it was done in pastels, Spring Fling would have been a good name, :crocheting.

Bonnie

Archived