Crocheted Hot/Cold Roll & Embroidery

Rabbit9

I did one several years back for a crochet swap, but a bit differently. I know I didn't use cherry pits -- I know it wasn't white rice -- it was some sort of brown husky grain, but not brown rice.

I put the grains in a tube sock ($1 per pair at Dollar Tree) and then made a crocheted cover for the sock. I put a button on the crocheted tube so it could be removed and washed.

I was eating cherries all summer in preparation. I admit I was kind of sick of them by the end of it. ;-D I made one before out of cloth with barley but I didn't like the smell of it when microwaved so I thought I'd try the cherry stones. I gave it to her today and she loved it, especially the embroidered cloth. I'm a happy Rabbit9

Very pretty. I ahve wanted to make one, but don't know where to buy the buck wheat orother grain that is commonly uesd. I thought of rice, but would it last, or would it go bad in the bag? Anybody know? Thanks for any help.

debra you can get them from any store that sells bulk foods usually. You might try looking next time you go shopping. I don't know about how long rice might last. The others are harder so I think they may be more durable than rice but I don't know.

Thanks everyone.

:rabbit9

Archived