Super Simple Snowflake or Star

Gardener

Super Simple Snowflake or Star

This is the first pattern I have ever written down, and it really is simple. Mine came out about 4 inches across. I intended it to be a snowflake, but when I looked at it this morning I noticed that it is somewhat star like. I haven't stiffened it yet.

th_DSCF0003-4.jpg

(clicky picture)

Super Simple Snowflake

This snowflake is very easy and can be worked up in just a few minutes.

I used Lustersheen and a size C hook. (I couldn’t find any white size 3 thread, which is what I wanted to try this with.)

Stitches used:

Ch (chain)

Dc (double crochet)

Sc (single crochet)

Ss (slip stitch)

Directions:

Chain 4, join with ss to form a ring.

Round 1:

Ch5, (counts as DC and ch 2) ** 2 dc into ring, ch 2**, repeat from ** to ** 4 more times, Dc into ring, join to 3rd ch of beginning chain. You should have 6 chain 2 spaces.

Round 2:

Ch 3 (counts as first Dc), dc into next dc, ** ch 2, dc into ch 2 space, ch 2, DC in each of the next 2 DC**, repeat from ** to ** 4 more times, ch 2, join to top of beginning ch 3. (you should have 12 ch 2 spaces)

Round 3:

Ch 1, sc in same stitch, sc into next DC, ** sc into next ch 2 space, ch 5, sc into next ch 2 space, sc into next 2 dc** repeat from ** to ** 4 more times, sc into next ch 2 space, ch 5, sc into last ch 2 space, join with ss into top of beginning sc (you should have 6 ch 5 spaces)

Round 4:

**Ss to ch 5 space,

Into the chain 5 space work the following stitches:

Sc, ch 2, sc, ch 3, sc, ch 4, sc, ch3, sc ch2, sc **

Repeat around. Join to beginning ss and fasen off.

Shape and block as desired.

• 1 month later...

Archived