Wounded Warriors Program

armywifetx

I am making blankets hats and wheelchair bags for the wounded warriors program here on post they are in need of these items if anyone could help or wouldnt mind maybe making squares or somethign small they could really use them as it is starting to get very chiily here and they are pretty full there at the hospital and transition units Thanks everyone for considering

.. Great Program... I spend lots of time on the wounded warrior floor at Ft Bragg ( Womack) and with Fisher House...I heard orthopedics were being sent to TX... thanks for doing this.. if I weren't working full speed with the TBI/ PTSD soldier here in NC, I 'd help yu out... I DID want to bump this post up though cause its a worth while cause

ty minwife i am so excited at being able to help them out more my hubby leaves in jan and he keeps goin now if hobby lobby calls and says uve bought em out i cant complain lol since your doin such good the men and women are wonderful there and are so appreciative as well as the families i started working on small blankets to since i saw a family with 3 young ones there today thought it would be nice to have some of those around too thanx for the comment and the bump

detroit any size will do there are all walks of life that come through those doors some are in wheelchairs some still in between and then the families as well the hats are a good thing right now too as it is getting chilly and im sure it will stay this cold for a few

thanks to all that responded i really am grateful and i know the troops are too

Hi :waving I live in South Texas and would be honored to help out with this worthy cause! I have hats, scarves, and I believe a lapghan or two around here, plus a scrapghan that's a large hexagon. I'll get it all together and then ask where to send it.

DetroitDeb, I love your finished afghan! Such pretty colors! Really cute pattern! :flower

It is an on going thing I told the gentleman running it that I would be donating until we leave the area dh is deploying in jan and loks like we will be here at least 3yrs so i am doin this till then and at that time ill just find another local charity when i move I really appreciate yall helping me out these soldiers are wonderful people that really love getting items from us. Thanks yall

I am donating to the local chapter at Fort Hood the info is not on the website as I actually go to the hospital and deliver them myself as I live about 1 min from it on the post itself

Im about 30 minutes from the closest post. I wonder if theres a way to know if they would except them? Id love to hand deliver some hats and such to them.

Im about 30 minutes from the closest post. I wonder if theres a way to know if they would except them? Id love to hand deliver some hats and such to them.

The Military Hospitals I work with are usually through the American Red Cross, the Chaplins' Office or the Public Affairs Office - try contacting these groups. Also it's good to explain the items and number you think you will be donating. Good luck!!

P.S. which base are you near?

I am making blankets hats and wheelchair bags for the wounded warriors program here on post they are in need of these items if anyone could help or wouldnt mind maybe making squares or somethign small they could really use them as it is starting to get very chiily here and they are pretty full there at the hospital and transition units Thanks everyone for considering

Howdy!

My unmarried son got out of the army this last Friday. Yeah!!! Anyway, he said things were hard on the Army families. I think it is so cool that you're not just surviving, but reaching out to others. :yes

I'll see if I can pull some things together for you.

Mary

Howdy!

My unmarried son got out of the army this last Friday. Yeah!!! Anyway, he said things were hard on the Army families. I think it is so cool that you're not just surviving, but reaching out to others. :yes

I'll see if I can pull some things together for you.

Mary

ty so much hun its tough sometimes and hubby leaves soon so i think this mission of helping the wounded soldiers and their families will keep my mind off things please thank your son for his service and its hard for military families but we will manage its the military way of life :)

Archived