Eva's shawl CAL

_Stacy_

Mizmo:

I agree with Stacy, you just keep adding rows until it's the right size for you; with all the increases on every row (at each end and the 3 points) it'll get longer and wider. I didn't count how many I did on my first one, I just kept trying it on and stopped when it fit me.

-Stacy-:

I love it too! I had trouble deciding between it and the "Cream Caress" I'm working on. And, oh my goodness, I'm a procrastinator too, it takes discipline for me to stick with what I need to do as opposed to what I'd like to do and I also got new yarn on Friday and Saturday. And, imagine, a Michael's is opening tomorrow in this city and I'm so tempted to go at least to check it out as I really should not get even one more single skein of yarn this month. (but maybe I can get away with buying a pattern magazine???).

Maybe I didn't explain myself very well. I know it gets longer and wider as you go. My problem is I want it to come further around me from the beginning; closer to a full circle. The increases which I assume should be about the shoulders are not near my shoulder line so it looks like it needs to have more stitches from the beginning for me. Maybe not start out in a ring; instead just chain more and turn. Maybe the first row would have 4 groups of 4 dc and ch sp inc. Then continue the pattern from there. I guess I'll just have to get some scrap yarn and give it a try. Thanks for letting me 'think out loud' here.

I see now! Hmm, the problem is that I think you'd have to start from scratch. I'm sorry I don't know the solution but I suggest that you contact Michelle, the designer of that pattern, she's a member here and I'm sure she would try to help you. Just do a search for "Eva's Shawl" and you'll find one of her posts.

P.S. The Carmen's Shawl, which is similar in shape, starts out with a chain, not a circle, perhaps the increases can be worked out in a similar manner after figuring out the multiple for the eyelet row.

Maybe I didn't explain myself very well. I know it gets longer and wider as you go. My problem is I want it to come further around me from the beginning; closer to a full circle. The increases which I assume should be about the shoulders are not near my shoulder line so it looks like it needs to have more stitches from the beginning for me. Maybe not start out in a ring; instead just chain more and turn. Maybe the first row would have 4 groups of 4 dc and ch sp inc. Then continue the pattern from there. I guess I'll just have to get some scrap yarn and give it a try. Thanks for letting me 'think out loud' here.

You could get a greater increase and therefore get closer to a circle if you used a shell in shell instead of V-st in V-st. I would affect the "eyelet" row but you could likely get past that easily enough with a bit of fudging.

You could get a greater increase and therefore get closer to a circle if you used a shell in shell instead of V-st in V-st. I would affect the "eyelet" row but you could likely get past that easily enough with a bit of fudging.

That sounds like a good idea, wish I'd thought of that! And maybe she can fit in just enough extra dc's to be compatible with the eyelet count. I'm really bad with "crochet math" but I *think* the increases are even numbers (aren't they??) so that could be easy...

Good morning ladies!

Thanks for all your help and suggestions on my Eva. Unfortunately, nothing that I tried was turning out to suit me. So I may just go ahead and finish it as written and gift it to a friend. The shell in shell came closest to working but it was starting to ruffle too much. Oh well....

EvasShawl001.jpg

:yay I finished Eva's Shawl this morning. I did 33 rows and used almost all of the 11 oz skein of Sensations Rainbow Boucle. It measure 35 inches long from the center neck to the bottom point (I'm kind of tall, about 5' 10" barefoot). I think it has wonderful drape, yet is nice and warm.

bajr:

Boy you worked fast! It actually looks really nice! I guess if one uses a big enough hook the lacy pattern is preserved. :yes

Although I love this shawl I just can't seem to get ahead this time, I keep missing stitches and having to frog so lately I've made no real progress and that frustrates me. Since I really didn't have anyone in mind for this shawl I've decided I'm going to put it in the back burner and begin working on one of the gifts that are going to another country or else I'll run out of time.

I am probably going to shelf mine until after Christmas gifts are finished, as well. I feel like I'm in such a rush to get things finished. Good luck to those of you who are still working on it and I will be back as soon as I can to start again!

Well, I frogged mine and am using the yarn to make the All Shawl by Doris Chan. So far it is going great. May try the Eva again after the holidays in another yarn.

Mine is coming along nicely now and it is so drapey and soft. I just have half a dozen WIPs on the go so it is a little slower than I would like.

With my luck, I will likely finish three shawls at the same time but it won't be today! :wlol

Very pretty.

It turned out really nice with this yarn.

EvasShawl001.jpg

:yay I finished Eva's Shawl this morning. I did 33 rows and used almost all of the 11 oz skein of Sensations Rainbow Boucle. It measure 35 inches long from the center neck to the bottom point (I'm kind of tall, about 5' 10" barefoot). I think it has wonderful drape, yet is nice and warm.

Archived