Hideous Orange Hat

Jain

My boyfriend wanted me to make him a hat and he wanted it to be "a hideous orange color" so I used this Caron Simply Soft in Mango. I added a roll up brim in Vanna's Choice in Olive and it tuned out looking a little like a pumpkin! It will be great for Halloween.

2956435270_44abe5f8e3_m.jpg

2955597765_fa98e15748_m.jpg

Pics are clickable. Blogged here. Thanks for looking! :hook

That is a neat hat - and quite a color! It reminds me of the safety orange vests. He will definitely be visible! I really like the design. Is the pattern available somewhere?

That is a neat hat - and quite a color! Is the pattern available somewhere?

Thanks! The pattern I used was for a little boy's hat and I just made a longer starting chain and kept repeating the pattern until it fit. Then I added the brim and put a dot on top to cover the hole that was left. Here is the pattern: Crocheted Boy's Hat

You BF needs to meet my son. He picked out RH Kids very bright orange for a hat. It was a SOLID color orange. He paired it with an equally bright Orange shirt and his mickey mouse yellow sneakes! I told him he looked like a traffic cone! The tour guide commented that "they are not going to lose you in a crowd"!

But, that is my son, just being his crazy little self!

Hahaha, a traffic cone! That is great! I had originally bought that orange to make feet for a couple of tree frogs I made. So I'm glad he chose it because I had a ton left and I never would have known what to make with it.

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you like it!

Archived