Hairpin Lace

I have just learned to do hairpin lace and now I want to do something with it. I'm finding out that there aren't many patterns around. Yesterday, I made a long strip of HL and now I'm crocheting an edging to create and scarf. My DH is impressed, but I'm not. I want to do more.

My question to you is what do you do with hairpin lace?:think

Happy hooking,:hook

If you think of the strips of Hair Pin Lace as just that, strips, then you can begin to see the possibilities if you stitch those strips together. Everything from Hat to Shawls, Dresser Scarves to Curtains to BedToppers ( I once spent an entire winter making HairPin Lace strips to decorate my youngest daughter's bedroom )

There are also a few patterns out there for "broom stick" lace crochet, these can be adapted to Hair Place Strips as wel.

HTH

Wheat

who also uses her Clover Hair Pin Lace tools for "broomstick" type work - so much easier (at least for me.

Wheat,

Great idea! I'll start thinking of it as strips. That's what I did for the scarf. I'll post a pic of my scarf in Show'Ntell after I get it finished.

Hugs,:hug

If you think of the strips of Hair Pin Lace as just that, strips, then you can begin to see the possibilities if you stitch those strips together. Everything from Hat to Shawls, Dresser Scarves to Curtains to BedToppers ( I once spent an entire winter making HairPin Lace strips to decorate my youngest daughter's bedroom )

There are also a few patterns out there for "broom stick" lace crochet, these can be adapted to Hair Place Strips as wel.

HTH

Wheat

who also uses her Clover Hair Pin Lace tools for "broomstick" type work - so much easier (at least for me.

I was just looking at a gorgeous pink shawl at Caron.com that uses broomstick lace. You may want to go look at it. It's a free pattern too. I haven't tried boomstick lace before but I may have to try to learn for that shawl lol

• 2 years later...
My wife is looking to buy a tool. Live in Houston. Does anyone know of somewhere to find one near town?

Do you have a Michael's, Hobby Lobby, or other craft store nearby? They usually carry them. A local yarn store may also carry them.

I have just learned to do hairpin lace and now I want to do something with it. I'm finding out that there aren't many patterns around. Yesterday, I made a long strip of HL and now I'm crocheting an edging to create and scarf. My DH is impressed, but I'm not. I want to do more.

My question to you is what do you do with hairpin lace?:think

Happy hooking,:hook

A vest works out too

Archived