Charities needing dog sweaters?

LindaLS

Hello Everyone,

Well as everyone that has been crocheting or knitting for a long time knows, we run out of people and pets to make things for. :think

So I was wondering if anyone knows of any pet charities that could use hand made dog sweaters?

Crocheted, knit or sewn? My girls can only wear just so many. :blush

www.canine-kids.com

Thanks

I've been giving mine to a local lady here, but I know that chihuahua's are the smallest dog breed and also have a hard time staying warm in the winter. OS that;s why I chose her rescue. She's just small time and only has a few dogs, so she's good, but maybe you could find another rescue in a colder area and donate to them. Petfinder.com has lots of rescues and you could do a search for the breed and find one that way.

I know pretty much ANY rescue (and GOOD one anyway) would be greatful for the gifts!

~~Cheri~~

check with your local humane society or county animal control you may be able to take things there

Or your local vet/animal hospital might offer suggestions too.

Long haired rescues often have to be shaved if they've been allowed to become matted; we had to shave our rescued schnauzers to the skin, luckily it was summer; but this time of year there will be a lot of need for sweaters.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived