Vanna's Choice Yarn Contest

I entered my "Prairie Star" afghan but now realize that it won't be considered because the pattern is copyrighted by Coat's & Clark. :(

Karen,

It's beautiful! But, I thought any pattern was eligible?

True that it states that any pattern is acceptable but let's say (on the very off chance) that I won. The winner's piece would be used in advertising and Lion would have to give credit to Coat's & Clark. Highly doubt it.

Anyway, I made the afghan for me and for fun and not to enter or try to win a contest so I'm a winner with the finished afghan in my family room anyway. :)

True that it states that any pattern is acceptable but let's say (on the very off chance) that I won. The winner's piece would be used in advertising and Lion would have to give credit to Coat's & Clark. Highly doubt it.

Anyway, I made the afghan for me and for fun and not to enter or try to win a contest so I'm a winner with the finished afghan in my family room anyway. :)

Aaaaah...got it! Well, it's still a beautiful afghan! :yes I really like some of the colors that are available in the Vanna's Choice yarns.

Oh...I meant to show what I made! Nothing too difficult. A pretty basic granny square design. I started out making a different design, but it wasn't working out the way I wanted it to. But, I didn't want to waste the granny squares I'd made. So, I went with this:

100_1043-1.jpg

100_1042-1.jpg

For me, it's a win-win. I plan on giving it as a gift to my niece.

If you use a pattern from a book, magazine, etc you are to list it as "not original" and list the source. I sent pics of my teddy bear and put it in the craft category. I would post pics here, if I knew how :think. Good luck to everyone.

Ellie 13

Holly I love the blanket! It's so pretty and colorful!

I entered the dragon I made DBF for Christmas and an H bag using the pattern Chrisdfriend's had posted here several months back.

th_Hbagflatview.jpg

th_BabyDragonsideview.jpg

Christina...it's "adorable"! I absolutely love it! Who is your beautiful model?

Thanks! The model isn't mine, LOL. She's a friend's baby. The friend is an amatuer photographer. Her baby is the cutest little thing!

Holly I love the blanket! It's so pretty and colorful!

I entered the dragon I made DBF for Christmas and an H bag using the pattern Chrisdfriend's had posted here several months back.

th_Hbagflatview.jpg

th_BabyDragonsideview.jpg

I LOVE the dragon!!

Archived