Operation christmas stocking

ChrisCrossCrafts

two_women_08.jpg

Let’s get behind our troops 100%

This project is being carried out by Operation Give, an “America Supports You” organization that works throughout the year to support American troops. Last year we sent more than 50 tons of stockings to our troops in Iraq & Afghanistan. This year help us send even more!

gifts.jpg

You can make your own stockings, buy stockings, create gift bags or decorate boxes. Pre-Filled Christmas Stockings and Gift Boxes can be purchased from our website. You can also find additional ideas below.

Here are some suggestions of items you can send in Christmas stockings to our Troops:

santa.jpg

Christmas Cards

Guitar picksHarmonicaSocksCDs/DVDsGamesYo-yoHand sanitizerDeodorantTravel clockWet onesLotion Playing cardsChapsticksEye DropsSunglassesShampoo and conditionerBug sprayCalendarShaving creamDisposable razorsSmall flashlightShaving gearSunscreenLip balmSmall multi-toolWomen's notionsClip on lightsPrepaid calling cardsDominosGold Bond powderSmall personal fanPen/mechanical pencilSmall picture framesBaby powderToothbrush and pasteDental flossIndividual package of tissueBaseballsDisposable camera - take a photo of yourself with it before sending!

Non-perishable food items: cookies, candies, gum, granola bars, hard candy, etc.

Send small trees and/or Christmas decorations (paper and plastic)

Also you can send toys for the troops to give out to the children, which will bring smiles to both the children and our Troop heroes. Please include your name and address or email address in the stockings!

Please don’t forget the troops who are away from their loved ones during the holidays, guarding your freedoms. Spread the word about Operation Christmas Stocking to all you know. WE MUST GET STARTED EARLY.

Deadline to arrive in Salt Lake City Warehouse is NOVEMBER 1st!

I'm in!!! :hook I've actually already been making plans for my daughter's army unit in Iraq! I've already bought some pre-paid phone cards to send. I plan to make her the "Crochet Holly Stocking" and fill it with gifts, too. I won't have time to make a stocking for everyone, but I'm going to send gifts anyway. I can't think of a more worthy cause!

Gosh I wish I had time...pregnancy doesn't really allow for it, but I do send cards. I can tell you, my husbands unit greatly appreciated gifts from stateside people during the Christmas season while he was deployed. Its a terrible time to be away from family and they deserve to have it as homey as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Our Blue Star Mom chapter just raised 806.00 for troop care packages @ Christmas. We did a Hug a Hero for a dollar at a downtown festival and our soldier sons whose boots were on home soil signed up for two our shifts... My hero brought in 96.00 in 75 minutes... Whoo hoo!! It now cost 10.95 cents to send an APO box... so I'm sure donations are appreciated to any legit org. sending to our heroes

Our Blue Star Mom chapter just raised 806.00 for troop care packages @ Christmas. We did a Hug a Hero for a dollar at a downtown festival and our soldier sons whose boots were on home soil signed up for two our shifts... My hero brought in 96.00 in 75 minutes... Whoo hoo!! It now cost 10.95 cents to send an APO box... so I'm sure donations are appreciated to any legit org. sending to our heroes

OMG Lea! What a cool idea!!!!! :yay I may bring it up to our USO chapter for a fund-raising idea!

Awesome! I am with another troop support organization that is doing 180,000 care packages for our deployed troops for Christmas, so my efforts are going there this year.

Debra, please pass along my sincere gratitude to your husband!

Archived