Toes Up Socks CAL

Tia

Your sock is beautiful Braxxi! Way to go!

And most shots like that make the ankle look puffy, must be the camera angle. :P

I haven't been able to work on mine today at all. And tomorrow we help my mil move.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks SOOOOO much for the different heel instructions! I got my first sock done tonight! :clap

1stSock.jpg

AND...my ankles aren't as puffy as the sock makes them look...LOL.

Woot! CAme out amazing!

Don't get caught in second-sock syndrome! :lol

What yarn and hook-size did you use?

Hugs

Kath

No second sock syndrome...got it done! :clap

Socks.jpg

I used a G hook and Moda Dea Sassy Stripes yarn that I got on sale for $1 a skein! The color is #6948.

Now my daughter wants a pair! :hook I'll post them here too when I get them done.

No second sock syndrome...got it done! :clap

Socks.jpg

I used a G hook and Moda Dea Sasy Stripes yarn that I got on sale for $1 a skein! The color is #6948.

Now my daughter wants a pair! :hook I'll post them here too when I get them done.

So jealous! LOL They came out awesome.

Hope I get some time to work on mine soon!

I feel really lucky that I get to finally be a stay at home mom and do all the crafty things I enjoy. I was actually surprised how quickly these worked up. I needed to get them done though...I have to get started on the squares to enlarge an afghan my grandmother made for me...I can't get her to do the extra squares...lol. :crocheting

Hmm im not sure because we are not just dealing with a short row heel, we are doing it in a pattern stitch of sc/dc instead of 1 stitch.

But! I found something that is for this pattern and changed a little to make it clearer and handle holes better:

http://www.cs.unc.edu/~mantler/misc/fun_stuff/art/crochet/heelinstr.html

Hope that helps!

What does it mean in the decrease section :at the end of the short row?

It's got me all confused. Am I putting a decrease on the third stitch on each end of each row? And is the decrease skip two st, sc in in the next? :think I'm sooo confused!

Sore

The decreases aren't actually stitches, you just leave stitches un-done at the end of the rows.

Okay I'm totally fed up. I almost pitched the sock across the room. Doesn't matter how I try it, it's not working. I think I'm going to look for a pattern that has CLEAR instructions and probably frog this mess.

Sore

Sorry you're having so much trouble sorefingers. :(

Sometimes if I leave something alone for a few days and go back to it, it helps.

I still haven't had time to look at those other instructions in greater depth. I wasn't home yesterday and today I'm exhausted. If I do any crocheting today, it'll be on my mindless afghan (3SUB using dc's).

:yarn

Okay...I've had a crazy weekend helping mil move. Now, I'd like to get back to these socks!

But I have a question for those of you who have worked a successful heel....I had already done the heel decreases before those other heel instructions were discovered....do I need to take those decreases out to follow the alternate heel instructions? :think

I followed the decrease instructions from the original pattern and the new increase instructions. :D

I was thinking about starting my daughter's socks tonight or tomorrow...I'll keep posting as I do them. :hook

Mine are ankle-high now. I'm so glad I'm making them both at one. The ankles were getting too big and I started decreasing them, they are better now, maybe a couple more decreases.

Also they were looking a bit wavy around the edges and I had to adjust the stitching...doing all dc's on the sides and sc's, even slip sts on the front and heels. Anybody else having that trouble? Don't know what I did wrong. I have to do one rnd on one sock, and then one on the other, so they come out the same.

I think after a few more rounds I'm going to start ribbing in rows in sc, back loop only. I think that'll give them a nice top part. Like this sock.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just now getting back to working on these socks. Sorry about that. I had to leave these alone for a while until I was ready to tackle them again. I had gotten a bit frustrated.

They were ankle high when I left them and now I've decided to work the rest in rows of hdc in blo to create a ribbed upper part. I hope I don't run out of yarn now and that they fit, cuz now I can't try-on-as-you-go.

Archived