Pregnant crochetalong?

laralou

I just found out I am expecting #4 (unexpectedly). I am dying to start crocheting baby things even though I have no idea what I am having. Anyone else expecting and crocheting for the new baby?

I am starting on the christening shawl from Crocheting for Babies and Toddlers using an acrylic/bamboo mix yarn, Spa. It is a silky creme colored yarn. I will post pics as I get it started.

I would love to see what other expectant moms are doing to inspire me!

I should be in this one!! I am having a girl due feb. 3rd. This will be great! Right now I really am not working on anything. I aquired a knit button up sweater and hat that just needed to be finished. So I did that last night, just need to sew on buttons. Have a couple other ideas but haven't started anything else as of right now.

Congratulations on surprise baby #4--I know exactly how that feels! My kids were 13, 10, and 6, and I found my myself pregnant. After the initial shock, it was a nice surprise, and the "baby" is now 4 years old.

Have fun crocheting for your new little one!

How exciting! Congratulations! I'm due with #7 in Nov and have been crocheting for her ever since I found out. I still want to crochet for her, but Christmas presents have to take priority right now, lol. But once those gifts are finished.....

Congrats on all your pregnancies! I found out on Sept. 6 that we are expecting our 3rd baby! We already have 2 boys so we are hoping this is a girl...but we will have to wait and see! We are due April 21/09.

This is what I've been working on...http://www.canadianliving.com/crafts/crochet/crocheted_hat_and_jacket_for_baby.php.

Plus I made a set of booties and a hat to match!

Yep, im due in Dec, expecting a boy and Im working on an afghan/hats/washcloths also an afghan for a friends baby due in Dec, and hats for charity babies =) Im up for a little encouragement right about now!!

bigfunfam~what have you made for your daughter?

Several baby blankets and some hats, a teddy lovie blankie thingy, lol. Then sewing I made a diaper bag, changing pad, a diaper wipes case, hmmmm, now I can't remember everything, lol.

I have some other things I'd like to make her, but I can't until I finish Christmas stuff or the Christmas stuff won't get done, lol.

If I had my way I would only be working on baby things :lol

dee~I know how that goes :) Here is what I've been up to. The hat and sweater were knit all i did was the finishing work. I knit the little booties.

HPIM0258.jpg

That is so cute! I am working as fast as I can to finish Christmas stuff so I can go back to baby. But I only have 7 weeks left.....the clock it ticking, lol.

Dee you make me jelious!! I can't wait for my baby girl to get here! :)

I started on a baby blanket last night. It is a little more complicated but I love the look of it. It is made in peices and I am having a hard time getting this first peice to stay the same size. I keep adding a stitch somehow.

my partner and i are expecting in late may...:clap she is 7 weeks along...

so far i have picked out a few things i am going to make... one of which is a sweet looking hat! the pattern is below! im also going to attempt the personalized baby afghan...

im still looking through all of the great ideas that were sent my way...so i will update everyone here with my progress and new ideas...

Baby Swirls Hat

Personalized Baby Afghan

congrats to everyone that is expecting!

That hat is really cute! I have thought about the personalized afghan also but I have so much on my list already that I will have to wait and see how much time I have. O, and welcome to the group. :)

I took a break from my Christmas list and came up with these for baby:

100_0754_edited-1.jpg

Someone gifted me with an Edgery Doo and I HAD to try it out, lol!

The hat and bootie patterns are my own, that in my free time I will post on my blog....it could be a while.....:lol

very cute! I wish I could get an edgery doo! I have some fleece that I want to crochet around. My understanding is that I can do a blanket stitch around it and crochet on that.

here is the first blanket i started for our baby (due in the end of may!) this is also my first time working from a chart/graph. anyway here it is! tell me what you think!

Skull.jpg

Archived