Where do you store your yarn?

I keep mine in clear bins in a room downstairs that I store all kinds of stuff in. I had my DH build some shelves a few years ago and put them there. I really need to rethink some of the stuff I have on them and make more room for the yarn that has grown and multiplied since the shelves went up.

Marcia

All my yarn is stored in 18 gallon or 32 gallon Rubbermaid containers in my craft room. I have (1) 32 gallon filled and at least (5) 18 gallon bins full of yarn. I seperate my yarn by if it is new and un-used skeins, partially used or just scraps.

I store my yarn in my wooden sea chest (think hope chest) in the bedroom, I have some in DH's grandmother's smoker (she used to store yarn in it), and then I have a stack of elfa drawers that I have yarn in. It is sorted according to type and brand in some instances. The drawers are a mesh, so I can easily see what is in there. I keep only Cascade 220 in the smoker.

I have a rolling rubbermaid cart thing with drawers that is wonderful - then I have bins & bags in various places.

But funny you ask, because just tonight while crocheting with some friends, one of them said she keeps hers in her china hutch in the dining room! I think thats pretty cool. She said all the colors look gorgeous in it, and she saves the top center shelf for completed Christmas presents. She says seeing them up there gives her warm fuzzies & inspires her to make more. :c9

Cool huh? China cabinet turned Yarn Display - she can see everything at a glance and its protected in there. :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

Now I want a China hutch for my yarn! YooHoo, oh hubby.....

Archived