Blind Moment, need your eyes!

I have been crocheting for 30 years and that isn't my problem. you see, I am blind and want to design a 'rattle snake" for my husband. I know they have a diamond design down their backs, but can someone describe more? I would greatly appreciate it! I do lots of designing as long as I know what something looks like. I know that sounds funny, but my family and friends say I am a "visual blind person"! Thanks for any or all help.

they have a rattler on the back of them and they have fangs if you are talking about the wesTern diamondback snake. they also have rows of diamonds that are lighter in color that leads up to the main dark row of daimonds on the back.Looks like the diamonds are outlined in the lighter tan color the showoff the darker diamond.

Thanks! So if I do a series of darker diamonds or even variegated diamonds for the back and then crochet around with a lighter color would that give the right impression? What color is the belly and the head? I am not sure at this point if I will do the fangs (hmm, I gues it is quite necessary). I think I heard that the rattles are either dark or dark and light together. Thanks!

snake looks like those diamond socks.. argayles I cant spell the word that is the best way to describe it. its dark brown with lighter brown, tan color is the outline of the diamonds. the head is the same color as the body with tan color lines running through it. its a flat head snake. that puffs out alittle in the middle then little smaller to the body .the rattler looks like its dark brown and tan in stripes.

The "rattler" on a rattlesnake is lighter than the snake. Could someone look on line for you and then describe the little devil?

BTW - - I am from Central Texas and I HATE (did I say HATE?) rattlesnakes.

I made a rattlesnake scarf--for my teen daughter since her high school mascot is the rattlesnake. I made it in school colors, black, white, and royal blue. For the rattle, I simply crocheted the snake in a tube and got very narrow at the very end of the tail. I then slid on 4-5 different wooden beads and then knotted the very end of the crocheted tube for the tip of the tail. The wooden beads became my snake's rattle.

The Lion Brand website also has a picture of a knitted diamondback rattlesnake that is used as a draft stopper at the base of doors. (I know you can't see the picture, but maybe a family member could describe it to you)

Brenda

In my neck of the woods here in AZ, the rattler we are blessed with is called a Mohave Green. It is basically a creamy color scaly looking creature and has diamonds starting behind the head, going down its back. The diamonds are light brown in the middle, darker brown dots around the diamonds, then light cream dots around those. The belly of the snake is plain and very light green (hence the name) that gets a little darker when threatened. Dark brown rings are by the tail and the rattler is creamy opaque color with dark "beads" inside. Hope this helps some and doesn't confuse you.

Thanks everyone! I was thinking of making this for my husband for Christmas. he loves realistic looking things so I thought this would be great. He also loves lifelike sized things. I will take a "look" at the knitted rattle snake. Mine might not look exactly right, but beilieve me, he will help me to redo one after Christmas! I say that in a loving way. He will help me to refine the design. You guys are great!

I think I've got it! I have worked out an idea that I think will work great. Now my question is how dark of a brown for the back and please describe the head a bit. I have written out my idea and if it work well, I will post it!

The head is slightly like a slice of pizza, if you know what I mean. But the round part (that attaches to the body) is a little more angular, and the front part is not as pointy as a slice of pizza. Does that make sense? Maybe a rounded diamond is a better way to describe it! (I hope I'm making sense; this is the first time I have tried to describe something for a blind person!)

:hug

Yes, it does make since. I think I have the shaping down, I just wanted to make sure. What is the coloring of the head like? Someone said there is tan and dark brown on the head, but in what design, vertical stripes or horrizontal stripes? Gee I seem full of questions!

Archived