How I crochet [VIDEO LINK]

Sugarcoatedlies

I hold my hook upside down too, you don't have to hold it like a spoon. I couldn't tell which way your were putting the yarn around the hook because you did it so fast, but it looks to me like you were putting it around from the left to right and I put mine around from the right to the left. I guess if you get the desired end product, who cares??

that explains it ,my sister does it like you ,and she's left handed ,that's the way I knit,mom taught me to knit ,when I was 14 right handed I also crochet right handed ,which is the opposite of you,I taught my self from abook when I was 30. I figure what ever works!!!

I crochet just like you. I'm self-taught and learned how to knit when I was little. I don't think I crochet the wrong way. I didn't know that there was a right or wrong way to crochet.

I think as long as you like the way your items look when you're finished, that's what count.

I would not worry about it as long as it's comfortable go for it.

Happy crocheting,

Betty G.

I also crochet like you , I use my left hand to pull the stitches off the hook and I hold the hook (cup it in my palm)and yarn in my right hand.I also learned to knit before I learned to crochet.I am so glad to hear there is others that do it the same way.I always thought I crocheted weird.:confused

Archived