Slipper bottoms

Ok found this great pattern that I feel is going to work for me.

But I am wondering what I can put on the bottom so my family and friends wont go slipper skating. (That what my sister and I did when we were little and my grandmother and grandfather would send us knitted slippers. lol)

Anyway I am thinking of maybe using that stuff you get to put on the back of hook latch rugs. Well that work? Or is there something out there that might be easier to use?

Thank you all for any help and suggestions.

just make sure when putting on the puffy paint that you put something inside of the slipper so it doesn't "leak" through. But the paint works well.

On a steering wheel pattern I purchased it recommended silicone that you can supposedly buy at walmart or a hardware store. I am thinking of adding it to the slippers I have made. I heard puffy fabric paint doesn't actually work that well, but seems like people have had success with it.

Puffy fabric paint? Never heard of it. Ill have to look and see if we have it around here somewhere.

You can find it at Wally World, Joanne's, Michael's and Hobby Lobby. A few years ago I broke my foot and was in a cast for weeks. The cast left my toes exposed and it was winter, so I took men's tube socks and split them down the middle then kind of tied them around the cast. I used the puffy paint on the bottom so I wouldn't slip...it worked great and my toes stayed warm!

Archived