Can Some one tell me the how to make stitch markers Please.....

moomooo

Hi:

Can some one here tell me how to make stitch markers or guide me online if there is a tutorial etc...

I'd like to make some for gifts in swaps here in the ville..

thanks

hugs

Lillibet

Hi:

Can some one here tell me how to make stitch markers or guide me online if there is a tutorial etc...

thanks

hugs

Lillibet

If you have ever made drop earrings before, it's like making them. Most that make them here use leverback earring posts. I didn't have any of those on hand when I made mine, only large lobster claws like for an necklace clasp and no money to buy the other.

But they work for me, just have to be a little more careful when putting on and off the yarn so it doesn't catch.

you get some head pins, some earring wires with a lever back. a pair of needle nosed plier and some cute little beads. you put the beads on the head pin with the flat piece at the bottom cute little beads on top of that then using your needle nose pliers make a small loop at the top part. Headpins are pretty cheap so you might want to practice this part a little. I like to wrap the excess a time or two around the part just above where the beads sit. you can cut the excess with wire cutters. Then all you have to do is attach the little loop part to the earringholder and presto you got yourself a cool little stitch marker. just take it a step at a time and you will amaze your friends with your creativity.

This might be a helpful http://www.ehow.com/how_2135695_beaded-stitch-markers.html?ref=fuel&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=ssp&utm_campaign=yssp_art

Good Luck, my first ones were kind of goofy looking but keep at it

Don't forget to post pictures

Nice site, just substitute the lever back for the rings so when finished you can attach the stitch markers to your crochet. (Rings, as shown on the site, are for knitting)

You may wish to use alphabet beads to be able to know what size of crochet hook you are using on the project. (This is good if you loose your hook or use it on another project, and come back to finish the original project.)

Okay ladies my next question here is where online can I purchase supplies to make these stitch markers not the beads just the wires and head pins and ear wires etc...

I have to travel two hours to the nearest craft store and with my fibromyalgia i can't do the trips...

So gals tell me wheres to purchase online...

I seem to like them thingies that have clasp what are they called???

Thanks

hugs

Lillibet

Lillibet

Okay ladies my next question here is where online can I purchase supplies to make these stitch markers not the beads just the wires and head pins and ear wires etc...

I have to travel two hours to the nearest craft store and with my fibromyalgia i can't do the trips...

So gals tell me wheres to purchase online...

I seem to like them thingies that have clasp what are they called???

Thanks

hugs

Lillibet

Lillibet

http://www.firemountaingems.com is my online source. Another place that just started carrying beads and is sometimes cheaper is www.orientaltrading.com. My local Walmart also has some beading supplies. I hope this helps!

Hi:

thanks

hugs

Lillibet

I've used wine glass charms and safty pins for mine.

Jeanut

MooMooo,

Do you have a Walmart near by? I know they have oodles of stuff at my walmart - they also have beads and supplies at one of my $1 stores (the one that was $1 store, then the $1.05 store now it is back to $1 store - LOL!!) I bought some there but then found that walmart had more in a package for alot less - the beads at the $1 store is still a good price, just the ear clips and the head pins were cheaper

In regards to my PM do you still need/want me to do it?

Archived