Recycle Tote Bags at JoAnn's

Went to JoAnn's last night in search of Delft Blue Red Heart yarn for the Special Olympics scarf. No yarn, but at the checkout, there were recycle tote bags in a nice dark green color and cost $1. It's big, too. I measured cuz I knew you would want to know. 16.5 in high, 15 in wide and 8 in deep! Perfect for an afghan in progress.

Cool. They have those at Walmart here for $1.00 too. I have used them for a quick project and they work really well! At our Publix grocery store they are for 99 cents and have a recycled plastic bottom.:scrachin Humm... I wonder if they could be a liner for a made tote without having to sew? Hummm

I bought one of the walmart ones, thinking I would reuse it, but then discovered it was BIG enough for an afghan and worked great for a WIP.

I wondered about using premade bags for bag/purse linings. In craft sections of stores (or like Micheals) they have blank canvas bags that I considered. I haven't done it though. But might work for a bag that needs more support. These usually have straps too.

The dollar store also has little canvas bags or other bags that could be used. I also considered one and bought it, but it never came about. They're usually little bags, so for a quick trip, or someone who doesn't carry everything (not me:blush).

Debbi

Went to JoAnn's last night in search of Delft Blue Red Heart yarn for the Special Olympics scarf. No yarn, but at the checkout, there were recycle tote bags in a nice dark green color and cost $1. It's big, too. I measured cuz I knew you would want to know. 16.5 in high, 15 in wide and 8 in deep! Perfect for an afghan in progress.

Those bags are nice. I'm having trouble finding that delft color, too!

Our walmart has those too! Our Fred Meyer has two different sizes (they are both good size and the larger would definitely hold an afghan in progress) and they want like .79 and .89 or .89 and .99 cant remember which now. I have the smaller one holding a couple of smaller projects and the larger one holding my yarn for my next projects. I want some more, might pick up some at walmart and now check joanns too!!

TFS!!

I hate liners! Do you mean you would crochet a bag and attach the recycle bag inside? If you use the same color of yarn for the outside, the liner would be practically invisible.

Yes. And the bag is big enough for an afghan. One bag equals about 4 plastic bags.

At one of our local grocery chains, they have the green bags for $1.00 and they also have a blue insulated bag with a zipper on it. The insulated ones are $1.79 but well worth it, especially on a hot muggy Michigan summer day!

At one of our local grocery chains, they have the green bags for $1.00 and they also have a blue insulated bag with a zipper on it. The insulated ones are $1.79 but well worth it, especially on a hot muggy Michigan summer day!

So that when you take your :yarn out of the fridge (idea from another thread), it will stay cool for you to work on in the summer. :devil:lol

I have some from wmart and from meijer (a local grocery chain)..but I don't have any from JoAnns yet! time to go take a look! I love that they are made from recycled plastic (at least the wmart ones are), and are so reuseable! I went from 6/7 grocery bags to 4..the rest were in my room holding stuff...(this stuff for camping, this stuff for the trip, this stuff is my yarn...:eek)

Archived