My Fair Results UPDATED 8 15 08

Wow! That is AMAZING. Great job on all your blue ribbons! Our fair give best in show/ judges choice to crochet... hope your fair sees crochet talent soon! Nice job.

Thanks

I am going to make contact with those at the Fair and see what's up with it and if we can get it changed.

I really thought there was a couple of crocheted items that others had entered that should have been given a Best of Show.

When I was dropping off my stuff, one of the ladies kept telling the other that the small doily should be in the small doily class but she had to be informed that they didn't get that in with the changes that those who decided what changes needed to be made didn't see the need to add a catagory of 12 inches and smaller. I had to laugh when one lady said, I don't understand what these idiots are thinking, LOL

Congratulations on a job well done!!!

This year will be a first for entering anything in the fair for me, deadline for entries is tomorrow but the fair won't open until the first week of Sept.

Yvette

Thanks,

I wish you the Best of Luck on your entries. Make sure to keep us posted on how you do. I have had so much fun with this. I hope you have as much fun as I have.

That is just great. Congratulations on the blue ribbon. Hey baybe you should fool them and do an afghan that looks like a quilt. lol Happy Yellow House has some beautiful ones.

The doily is just beautiful and the pink afghan is so pretty. Of course I am partial, but I just love your dolls.:hook

That is just great. Congratulations on the blue ribbon. Hey baybe you should fool them and do an afghan that looks like a quilt. lol Happy Yellow House has some beautiful ones.

The doily is just beautiful and the pink afghan is so pretty. Of course I am partial, but I just love your dolls.:hook

Thanks Mary Jo,

I was thinking abt that with Happy Yellow House and the patterns. I wonder what they would do, LOL.

I really do like the little Berenguer doll I did, I miss her so much. That was the hardest thing to do when I gave her up for the Fair. I was worried sick that someone would steal her. I was so relieved when I seen my babies behind glass.

I am anxiously awaiting her safe return home after the Fair so I can start making her some new clothes. Did I mention I miss my baby, LOL.

Congratulations! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that cat afghan! Where did you get the pattern? (Sorry if that question has already been asked; will peruse replies for the answer, TIA if it's listed).

Patty

Thanks Patty,

I can't post the link to the pattern as the seller has some graphs for sale that are trademark characters so of course it violates the guidelines here for posting links. I did buy the pattern on Etsy and it is a graph pattern.

I'm sooooo Impressed!

No two county fairs are the same, so who knows how the judging is done. One year ours had quilts everywhere and the next year hardly anything was entered. All I enter are crocheted items and my competition varies from year to year. It took me 60 years to enter my first county fair. What took me so long?

:crocheting

Congratulations on all your ribbons. All your work is beautiful but especially like the pink RR. I think it is great the way you ladies can enter all your hard work into the Fairs- we dont have anything like that over here. Good luck to all who are entering items in the near future.

Congratulations, what a fantastic fair you had, all blue ribbons, I'm tickled pink for you. I knew you'd do well, your work is always so beautiful. Just love the cat afghan. I know you're already planning your projects for next year.

Archived