County Fair time

My items will be entered today and then Judging will be on Wednesday. I entered an afghan, two baby afghans, a baby hooded sweater, a baby dress, a pot holder, and a Christmas Ornament.

I can't wait to see how I do.

It's always my favorite time of the summer. The kids go for the wristbands for rides, I like to see all the animals, the crafts, and all the other things that make this fair so special. And then there's the wonderful special events every night, like the Bull riding and Demolition derby.

The food is great too. Deans Milk is one of the sponsors, so they bring in lots of ice cream. Plus the usual fair favorites.

I can't wait until Wednesday. Who all enters the County Fair?

:manyheart

I do! I enter only in the afghan category, but our county fair has a bunch of different classes within that. This year I have 7 so far to enter. But ours isn't until the end of August so I have a little while yet.

I also have 2 entries at the state fair, but it doesn't open until July 30th so I have to wait a little longer yet to see how I did this year.

Good luck!!! :cheer

Colleen

Good Luck! I will keep my fingers crossed. I missed the deadline for this years County fair, I didn't even think about entering anything until my friend mentioned it and is was way too late. So I am storing up things and will enter next year. :hook

Congrats on all of you entries and good luck! I have always wanted to, but just haven't. I tend to give away everything I make for gifts and never have anything to show when the fair rolls around! :lol

One year I have got to make something just for the fair!

Good Luck! I will keep my fingers crossed. I missed the deadline for this years County fair, I didn't even think about entering anything until my friend mentioned it and is was way too late. So I am storing up things and will enter next year. :hook

One year, I missed the deadline and was so disappointed. I had been driving a neighbor all over the place because she had broken her foot and couldn't drive. I missed the deadline by a couple of days. So Now I make sure that I get my entry fee in.

Store the things for next year and keep on working on projects. This way, you will have plenty to choose from when making up your mind for next year.

Mark your next calendar (2009) of the approximate deadline so that you don't forget. Sorry that you didn't enter this year. But as with the Chicago Cubs, there's ALWAYS NEXT YEAR!

:hug

I did the same thing....I missed the deadline! Our county fair was last week. I had been so busy at work, it completly left my mind.

I feel real bad too. When I went up to the fair last Monday, there were very few entries...a couple of afghans and some doilies. It was a very poor showing this year.

Good luck on your entries!

So this thread reminded me to look and see when our county fair is. On August 6th, I have to bring my entries in. I don't have much done, but I can sew in the ends of my ripple afghan and enter that, although I need a clear bag to put it in. I also want to see if I can get my crocheted Starry Night from my teacher just for the few days of the fair. Hope everyone does well!

The fair here is not untill September. But I'm going to enter things in the fair for sure. It is so fun to go and see if there is a ribbon on something you made.

I have six things I'm going to enter this year so far. And I have some time yet to crochet.

Good Luck!!!!

Let us know how you do!!!!

And don't for forget pictures with all the ribbons!!!

Archived